The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on my insurance as i'm unsure!

TRACIE_LOU

I know its often asked on here and i'm sorry but i really would like some advice on if what i am paying now or the quote i have just had from sky is reasonable.....

With A-plan £491 with £250 excess its not like for like but will replace mods if claim is equivalent or less than standard parts.

sky quoted £491 with £127 deposit but with like for like replacements.

Are there any other insurance co's that you guys recommend..

Are these reasonable? Tony (the tit) has 6 points on his licence and is a named driver, how much does this influence the qoute.

Hope you can help!:D

It depends very much on your personal details, although some insurers are more sympathetic to mods and agreed valuations etc.

I would try the usual Confused, MSM and GoCompare...

Adrian Flux seems to do it for most people on here... Lancaster Insurance also seem to be quite good :)

It depends very much on your personal details, although some insurers are more sympathetic to mods and agreed valuations etc.

I agree. Everyone's different in the insurers' eyes. The prices seem reasonable (they don't strike me as being particularly high), although the only way you'll know is by getting maybe another couple of quotes (if they're all high, you're simply high risk for some reason, if one is a lot higher than the others, that insurer probably doesn't want your business anyway). Nowt else you can do really.

Unless you get it quite a bit cheaper with some of the other suggested insures (Bell, Elephant, etc) I would stick with sky as the cover is good and they are good to deal with. Guy always gets right back to me on here if I ever contact him:)

Depends if you want agreed value or not, Sky don't do it for new customers on this club?

I want the agreed value and sky have quoted us for it so i assume they must?.. Our existing insurance says it isnt actually agreed value but if its cheaper or same value they will do it obviously as i benefits them

Thanks for your help:d

I want the agreed value and sky have quoted us for it so i assume they must?.. Our existing insurance says it isnt actually agreed value but if its cheaper or same value they will do it obviously as i benefits them

Thanks for your help:d

Make sure you have that in writing. Telling then what you think the car is worth and receiving a quote on that basis ISN'T an agreed value ;)

Make sure you have that in writing. Telling then what you think the car is worth and receiving a quote on that basis ISN'T an agreed value ;)

I meant on the like for like cover bit, as in i was told by sky say if the bomex bumper got damaged then thats what they replace it with. but our existing ensurers it isnt it would be stock parts from toyota but they said if we could get it for same price then we would be able to do that... does that make sense? I prob wrote it wrong above as in what i meant.

So as in agreed value of car, if they say how much is it worth and its insured for x amount would we get that if it was in a crash and was written off?

I hate sorting insurance grrrrr

I have full cover including parts from Sky, and they send you a form where you list all the extra parts (with prices and bhp gains if any) and supply photos of the car.

If you can get that, then it's definately worth it if anything happens to the car especially considering the prices nowadays.

Unless your an existing customer already with SKY with agreed value then they won't do it. Like for like maybe? Agreed value no.

So how will i know how much they have actually insured the car for then? do they tell me before i take out the policy? or does it just go on what the car is worth at time if anything happened?:(