The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chinchilla got a bit excited...

Stonkin

I have a male chinchilla who is nearly 5 years old. In the last 6 months he has started acting a bit funny sometimes whilst out. He would sit on your arm or leg, when i say sit, i mean more 'straddled' :) and start scratching with his front paws and gently nibbling with his mouth, no teeth involved (he'll learn :) )

Anyway ive always wondered why he started doing it and at first i used to always carefully push him off. His attitude and tameness hasnt changed at all, just has this funny moment pretty much every time he comes out. Afterwards he carries on with his usual antics.

Last night i thought i would leave him to see what he actually did. So, there he was 'straddled' on my forearm, which i will admit is slightly hairy, so could easily be confused with a sex god female chinchilla :)

After a few minutes (typical man) he started the good old hip movement! Now he is a great pet and i love him to bits, BUT, there is a limit to our friendship!

I carefully pushed him off, much to his disappointment, only to find my arm was wet! He looked at me, stood up on his back legs and hung his todger in all its glory.

Does anyone know anything about how to deal with this situation as frustration on this matter is not somethiing i wish upon the little chap :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which i will admit is slightly hairy, so could easily be confused with a sex god female chinchilla :)

:D

Maybe you should get him a blow up chinchilla, or a copy of chinchilla wives. But on a serious note, mine has never done this, dont know what to suggest, sounds like the lil fella is frustrated ;)

well my terapins are doing the same, the guy is beating the hell out of the female, turns out that there mating (its the mating season now for loads of animals) and had to make loads of changes in my tank, hopefully within 2 months i should have about 4-6 eggs laid.........loads of baby terapins :D

Buy him a soft toy and put some Lemsip in his water bowl?

:rlol:

Apparently the Chinchilla is one of the only animals to hear the intricacies of human speech, right down to the difference between 'p' and 'b'.

So apparently you can talk to them and they'll act like they know what you're talking about.

I can't help you with wanking off your pet though, sorry.

Get him a girlfriend? or whatever the Chinchilla equivalent of 'the Internet' is? :D

Another bit of info i forgot :)

A few weeks ago i found him sat in the corner of his cage sat up on his back legs, head down in between. Thinking something was wrong i went in for a closer look.

He clearly has no shame and was busy away giving himself a blowjob! I know we all have our needs, but i found this slightly concerning and so googled this situation.

It is apparently very common and they do it for 2 reasons. 1 to remove and trapped hairs which can cause ringworm and 2 as a sexual act. Youtube even had some great videos to confirm but i dont recommend watching unless your into that kinda thing :)

He definetly has some issues, but will they pass or will he end up just biting it off in frustration?? :D

I carefully pushed him off, much to his disappointment, only to find my arm was wet! He looked at me, stood up on his back legs and hung his todger in all its glory.

how did i miss that bit?! im pi$$ing myself right now LMAO!!!! my manager read it as well!!! lol ow thanks for that cheered me right up! :p :D:urock:

Welcome mate, the office here has been in stitches ever since i regretably told them :D

me and my manager are still cracking up! your wording was brilliant! must keep an eye out on your threads now! as for castaration how would you like it if you were horny and instead of getting some quality time the girl just ripped it of!!?

me and my manager i still cracking up! your wording was brilliant! must keep an eye out on your threads now! as for castaration how would you like it if you were horny and instead of getting some quality time the girl just ripped it of!!?

My thoughts entirely, a man has his needs. Girlfriend has just said 'you got cross with him and made out he was disgusting and yet you wank off in the shower and its ok?'

But the difference is i dont do it on him though do i, i know he doesnt understand, but he cant toss off on me, its really quite simple :D

listen you could put a female in but he'll hump the hell out of her and she start cracking out so many lil ones you'll be covered with them. dont put another male in, your one will be too teritorial and beat him to death. only thing you can do which is pretty hard, is neglect him, feed him but no picking up etc.

dont really want to add a female, and apparently once he 'does it' he will know what it is for and that could change his temprement. Even adding any other friend for him is too late now as they would probably fight as he knows the cage is his

dont really want to add a female, and apparently once he 'does it' he will know what it is for and that could change his temprement. Even adding any other friend for him is too late now as they would probably fight as he knows the cage is his

exactly, ok put in a female. let him have some fun, just give the babies away to the pet store, he might not even like her, he might be gay, you might be his knight in shinning armour.:p

Just found this:

"Swish-Swish Tail Dance" - The 'antics'/mateing ritual of the male chinchilla when he wants to mate

with the female. During this 'dance' the male chin will do a little 'hop-hop', then swish his tail from side

to side and repeat this until the female accepts or declines his advances.

Now i didnt decline this invitation, but, he's clearly gagging for it, as i certainly didnt accept either :)

Just found this:

"Swish-Swish Tail Dance" - The 'antics'/mateing ritual of the male chinchilla when he wants to mate

with the female. During this 'dance' the male chin will do a little 'hop-hop', then swish his tail from side

to side and repeat this until the female accepts or declines his advances.

Now i didnt decline this invitation, but, he's clearly gagging for it, as i certainly didnt accept either :)

LOL, ok ok i gotta move off now im about to throw up because i been laughing so much.