The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Genuine Toyota Lower Arm Bushes

Vagnum

great stuff Vagnum you should have been a detective, is it these here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Lexus-Soarer-Lower-Track-Control-Arm-Bushes-Bush_W0QQitemZ260380503499QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260380503499&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 have you refitted the arms to the car yet ? only problem is it still doesn't address the issue of the worn UJ, bugger

Thats the ones!

Can you tell me a frame number (or market at least) that lists these bushes as available parts on ToyoDIY so I have a browse around please?

The part numbers are not on there like i said no one i spoke to would give me the number so i ordered them from japarts to get the part number.

First, a disclaimer, I don't have personal knowledge of any of the following...

We know know about the front lowers.

I believe that

-- the Soarer and Supra upper front arms are interchangeable

-- the upper rear arms are interchangeable (IIRC this is backed up by some overlap in part numbers)

-- Toyota list the bush for the rear strut rod (the one which goes forwards from the hub)

I wouldn't be surprised if the lower rear arm bushes were interchangeable, but I have never heard of anyone trying.

Very good point i've fitted these bushes to my own car at my own risk i feel that this is a fix for myself and would strongly advise anyone reading this thread to seek professional advise before atamping to fit or have these bushes fitted.

The Soarer bushes are probably more compliant than the Supra items (hence the different part numbers for the arms). I suppose it's debatable whether you'd notice when driving the car on the road.

This is my only concern about fitting these bushes considering how many soarers go through bushes and i don't really know how it will feel on the road. But they can only be better then replacing with poly one's.

I must also say that my car is a '95 RZ-S import so the lower arm 2nd bush is 54ish mm.

Edited by Vagnum (see edit history)

Can you tell me a frame number (or market at least) that lists these bushes as available parts on ToyoDIY so I have a browse around please?

sorry dandan i don't i only needed to replace the lower arm ones due to the bolt seizing up, ended up having to replace the rear part of the front subframe as well so ended up overhaulin the whole front suspension.

I've done a bit of diggin on this and found an parts supplier that lists replacement aftermarket bushes. Apparently the changeover in May 1996 means the following:

Pre facelift, front, lower arm - front bush OD = 49.5mm

Pre facelift, front, lower arm - rear bush OD = 54.8mm

Facelift, front, lower arm - front bush OD = 46mm

Facelift, front, lower arm - rear bush OD = 51.1mm

They also list bushes for the front upper arm but in two varieties - one where the "housing" is 20mm wide and one where it is 38mm wide.

• 3 weeks later...

the bushes i fitted are for the >96 the 96> bush are smaller buhes, but superpro web cat state they fit the same late spec bush to the soarer and supra so if you could find the the toyota bush i'm guessing they would fit to i don't know what site dandan found that sell rubber bushes it might be worth asking him.

the bushes i fitted are for the >96 the 96> bush are smaller buhes, but superpro web cat state they fit the same late spec bush to the soarer and supra so if you could find the the toyota bush i'm guessing they would fit to i don't know what site dandan found that sell rubber bushes it might be worth asking him.

cheers mate