The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trackdays driving their cars?

JamieP

I did a rally driving course at Silverstone, they have a muddy field next to the track. It was fast as you like, the instructor kept telling me to go faster! Then at the briefing at the end when I came 2nd he said I drove like a nutter and he was on the edge of his seat throughout :D

Lol, Axle bring the lotus on the Llandow club trackday;)

I did a rally driving course at Silverstone, they have a muddy field next to the track. It was fast as you like, the instructor kept telling me to go faster! Then at the briefing at the end when I came 2nd he said I drove like a nutter and he was on the edge of his seat throughout :D

Sounds good but only really interested in tarmac days:)

It depends what trackday you go for my brother went on one recently to drive a lambo the guy was with him was keeping a close eye on and if he wasnt comfortable he would tell him to slow down. Also if you spun the car that was it you wasnt allowed to carry on driving.

Having seen you in action at Llandow I would respectfully suggest you consider buying a reasonably basic race car and having a "proper" go on a track. I am no Ken Tyrell, but nonetheless a reasonable talent scout... Your height will go against most single seaters, but there'll be something to suit. The only downside is I almost guarantee that once you have a go in a proper race car the Supra will be for sale. I suspect you can fund racing, and the talent is there. The hire drive track day packages are not going to sate you. Team up with Wes :)

I have thought of buying something like that Chris but id need a trailer aswell and somewhere to store the car, at my current house i dont have space for either but i am trying to sort that, im trying to get a small holding thats at auction tomorrow and that has plenty of space and outbuildings for me to play in.