The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I can't pass the Rorschach test...

cheekymonkey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness the mystery's been cleared up.

I was wondering where RedM had gone and who this Rawfish bloke was (who happened to have a remarkably similar number of postcounts, sense of humour and mod status)

*Shakes fist*...RedmRorschach you little trickster!

Thank goodness the mystery's been cleared up.

I was wondering where RedM had gone and who this Rawfish bloke was (who happened to have a remarkably similar number of postcounts, sense of humour and mod status)

*Shakes fist*...RedmRorschach you little trickster!

What, it can't be RedM can it?? That's impossible!!:rolleyes:

He's just a fictional masked vigilante type bloke from Watchmen (out now in all good cinemas folks), which sounds almost exactly like our own Martin. Nearly. ;)

As a free educational service, can I point out that presumably the name of the character comes from Herman Rorschach, inventor of the Rorshach inkblot tests. Those are those 'projective' tests in which you say what can you see in the picture, so that the psychoanalyst can tell you that you're repressing aggressive impulses.

The idea that Herman Rorschach gets kind of supplanted by a comic-book character makes me shudder, in the same way that associating 'Homer' only with 'Homer Simpson' makes me weep into my tea for the death of Western Civilization.

As a free educational service, can I point out that presumably the name of the character comes from Herman Rorschach, inventor of the Rorshach inkblot tests. Those are those 'projective' tests in which you say what can you see in the picture, so that the psychoanalyst can tell you that you're repressing aggressive impulses.

The idea that Herman Rorschach gets kind of supplanted by a comic-book character makes me shudder, in the same way that associating 'Homer' only with 'Homer Simpson' makes me weep into my tea for the death of Western Civilization.

Wow, wound up tight or what :D

Try clicking on my earlier link for the full story ;)

PS, Watchmen is far from your Beano type comic character, going off your post I would go as far to say you would enjoy it.

WTF? mate, you're far too clever for the likes of me :)

Edit: You're LOL

In short, yes. Or maybe no. I have no idea, and/or don't care much, really. ;)