The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think in the last race button would have driven hamiltons car to 3rd ? i doubt it very much he is not the best driver he just has the best car but good luck to him

I wouldn't say that he isn't the best driver as it's impossible to know when they're all driving different cars.

do you think in the last race button would have driven hamiltons car to 3rd ? i doubt it very much he is not the best driver he just has the best car but good luck to him

Who knows? You can only speculate on such things such as if X was driving in Z's car would he have been able to etc etc..

I dont remember stating that Button was the best Driver.

Button is a fantastic driver but classifying him as "equally capable" is a bit premature in my opinion.

Personally, I love Hamilton's aggressive driving and overtaking moves and admire buttons's smoothness.

he is proving so far to be an equally capable driver.

Hence i state 'So far'. A win, and two pole positions so far- I'd say that is pretty good going.

But Hamilton would have done better right? He would have lapped everyone twice and forced them all into early retirement perhaps?

Yes his aggression is good to watch- That is because he has stated himself that he tries to model himself on the great Ayrton Senna.

Now he was a driver and then some...

weirdly im having the same discussion over on another forum about drivers and cars. obviuosly the skill has to be there but also the car. until they are all driving identical cars we'l never know who is best driver on a skill basis.

Guest willismaximus

It's just painful watching him try to look non-chalante as he chats to people.

Thought DC was going to thump him towards the end of qualifying yesterday

Guest willismaximus

Yeah, i really like DC, think they just need to give Eddie a personality injection and then we're sorted...... either that or give DC a large bat and Eddie a 5 seond head start and see what happens :D

Guest willismaximus

thought the toyota lads were going to lose their temper with him and he just soooo doesn't care, so glad he's still here lol

Good grief, how bad is Eddie Jordaon at interviewing? (Bernie interview).

To be fair bernie isnt the easiest person to interview. There was a few short sharp answers in there :p

:rlol: Brundle is great, hilarious trying to look at that diffuser.

Actualy made me LOL, not something that happens often when i watch F1 :p