The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stupid thing to do.

If they had told the truth from the start, they may have been given third, or made to keep fourth. Either way it would have been a lot better than this mess they've created! It really does ruin the enjoyment of F1, for me. :(

With all the policing going on in the sport now why would you lie as you must know it'll bite you in the ass sooner or later, very unprofesional

Its a real shame as Lewis has already proved his talent, so why he thought he would do something like that defies belief really.

Maybe they shouldn't have any radio contact in the cars during the races, except for maybe a light on the dashboard when they should pull in for a stop etc.

seems like a sign of immaturity to lie like that to the stewards (4th was way better than ZERO points not to mention the embarrassment; lucky they didnt get penalised even more), both on behalf of the driver and more critically on behalf of the team.

seems like a sign of immaturity to lie like that to the stewards (4th was way better than ZERO points not to mention the embarrassment; lucky they didnt get penalised even more), both on behalf of the driver and more critically on behalf of the team.

Still could, may pick up a 2 race ban. Lets hope not, dont want any excuses at the end of the season when Jenson beats him to the title

Should be an interesting qualyfying session

Final practice

Saturday, 4 April 2009

Position Driver Car number Team Fastest Lap

1 Nico Rosberg 16 Williams-Toyota 1:35.940

2 Mark Webber 14 Red Bull-Renault 1:36.048

3 Felipe Massa 3 Ferrari 1:36.089

4 Jarno Trulli 9 Toyota 1:36.132

5 Timo Glock 10 Toyota 1:36.189

6 Sebastian Vettel 15 Red Bull-Renault 1:36.194

7 Kimi Raikkonen 4 Ferrari 1:36.322

8 Kazuki Nakajima 17 Williams-Toyota 1:36.325

9 Rubens Barrichello 23 Brawn-Mercedes 1:36.519

10 Jenson Button 22 Brawn-Mercedes 1:36.541

11 Robert Kubica 5 BMW Sauber 1:36.563

12 Lewis Hamilton 1 McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.657

13 Heikki Kovalainen 2 McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.742

14 Fernando Alonso 7 Renault 1:37.004

15 Nick Heidfeld 6 BMW Sauber 1:37.026

16 Nelson Piquet Jr 8 Renault 1:37.032

17 Adrian Sutil 20 Force India-Mercedes 1:37.118

18 Sebastien Buemi 12 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:37.282

19 Sebastien Bourdais 11 Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:37.322

I was just coming on to ask if there is any feeds for the qualifying. BBC video does not load as I think my work has changed it's server location as youtube always says 'unavailable in your country'

However anyone apart from the 2 above and BBC got any sites that has live feeds as the 2 from Nic do not load neither.

Edit or it could be that it does not start till 10am. :rolleyes:

I will watch the race weekend as if the results don't matter. Watching for the enjoyment as im not sure what im seeing is what will be the result a week later :(
Lets hope they leave it alone now, with both issues & let them race I miss all the sparks from the floor plates

Oh dear.

Good for Button I say. I doubt he (or anyone in Sport) has had the millions thrown at him from such a young age that Hamilton has done, and yet he is proving so far to be an equally capable driver.

Oh dear.

Good for Button I say. I doubt he (or anyone in Sport) has had the millions thrown at him from such a young age that Hamilton has done, and yet he is proving so far to be an equally capable driver.

do you think in the last race button would have driven hamiltons car to 3rd ? i doubt it very much he is not the best driver he just has the best car but good luck to him

Oh dear.

Hamilton is a world champion...

Button is a fantastic driver but classifying him as "equally capable" is a bit premature in my opinion.

Personally, I love Hamilton's aggressive driving and overtaking moves and admire buttons's smoothness.