The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

I'm still figuring out what Trulli got a 25 second penalty for.

Under safety car conditions he managed to go on the grass, Lewis overtook him as he is effectively not on the race track. Trulli re took the place under safety car which as breach of the rules.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that, i nearly had to mute it! He doesnt seem to have a clue and just repeats everything Martin Brundle says but in a retarded way. Bring back Murray Walker!

Or the commentators that do Moto GP, remember watching in a couple of years ago and both of them were having kittens with the action.

Better than boil in the bag grey the BBC has now (Brundle is ok)

Think the ITV production was better than the BBC but so refreshing to see a full race without any adverts. No doubts the BBC will improve over the course of the season.

Think Coulthard and Jordan were fantastic too....Brundle is simply a pro, his pit walks are legendary :D

Think the ITV production was better than the BBC but so refreshing to see a full race without any adverts. No doubts the BBC will improve over the course of the season.

Think Coulthard and Jordan were fantastic too....Brundle is simply a pro, his pit walks are legendary :D

True. Everyone said ITV was total trash when they started doing it. Im sure the bb will improve.

I havent watched the race yet, was anyone using KERS then, is it easy to see when its activated?

Yea Mclaren were, Heidfield, Renault, ferrari.

You cant tell by looking but when on board they had a graphic on the screen to show yo uwhen it was being used.

Only time it was obvious was when Massa or Raikonnen ran wide and Buemi got level to overtake (as in he raced up to get along side like he should of just continued to drive by) and the ferrari used the KERS to get up to speed quicker to stop the move.

I havent watched the race yet, was anyone using KERS then, is it easy to see when its activated?

Yep 7 drivers I think (not sure) - Hamilton, Massa, Heidfeld, Barrichello?, who else???

Yeah you see battery icon within speed/gear/rev graphic with onboard camera and see it draining like a mobile phone's and then instantly topped up over the finish line.

Hamilton looked best with it, he was basically pulling along side rivals, looked over F&F style then pressed button/smoked him :D

Even though the guy commentating wasnt the best isnt it great with no £$%£&ing adverts :)

An entertaining race i thought and was very hard to predict, absolutely amazing 1, 2 for Brawn but for LH to get third was unbelievable.

Roll on the next GP :)

Just finished watching this, it's one of the first races in a while I've barely taken my eyes off the TV from start to finish - the lack of adds have a LOT to do with that!

What a fecking result thought, Button drove as he should have now he's got a good car, Hamilton did unbeleivably well considering where he started. However the brits were just darn lucky the two drivers that could have spoiled things took themselves out (no hard feelings though :D )

Also the comentary was okay in my opinion considering it's a new team, though Eddie Jordan was a bit cridgeworthy at some points!

I think it's more likely down to the total car weight with Kubica and a KERS system is above the 605kg minimum weight limit. The time penalty for being overweight this year is particularly large.

Yep, he's not exactly a flyweight :D

Also the comentary was okay in my opinion considering it's a new team, though Eddie Jordan was a bit cridgeworthy at some points!

Wasn't he just. Did you watch the F1 forum on interactive afterwards, that was even worse!

Gaz.

Wasn't he just. Did you watch the F1 forum on interactive afterwards, that was even worse!

Gaz.

Puts it into light that there is worse than James Allan, also the lady that does the pit interviews, although more pleasing to the eye the other one (names escapes me) was much better.

They can only improve though.

Puts it into light that there is worse than James Allan, also the lady that does the pit interviews, although more pleasing to the eye the other one (names escapes me) was much better.

They can only improve though.

Its was quite a polished performance for a new team, I'm sure it'll get better. I like the new guy in the pit lane and conducting the interviews, much better than Blundell and old guy :p

Guest willismaximus

Well having been mocked by my mates for years for supporting Button it feels good to be able to rub their noses in it.

I was up at 6am to watch it live so a few friends were woken up with rather interesting text messages telling them to shove prancing horses etc up their backsides lol

As for the coverage, it was bliss to not have to miss any action due to adverts and although Mr Jordan was beginning to irritate me a little by the end i thought they did pretty well on the whole given that it's a new team for the most part.

Bring on Malaysia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D