The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way! You'd think someone might have spotted him visiting Mclaren before now.

The good news is he needs just 4 more points and he's World Champion.

Where Mclaren :search:

Latest is Renault/Dacia Sandero Consortium PLC Ltd.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

German car giant Mercedes has bought the Brawn Formula 1 team in a move that is likely to see Jenson Button join McLaren as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate.

Mercedes will buy a controlling interest in Brawn, believed to be 75% but will continue as McLaren's engine supplier.

Merecedes have bought Brawn?
Wow, surprised nobody else has mentioned this yet! You got a link?

Cant find any referance to jenson signing? be a mug if he doesent

Signing for who?

Brawn/mercedes i hope

Button and Kimi visit McLaren :)

should be very interesting if either of them join the Mclaren line up for next season.

News just in, Jenson possibly off to Mclaren.

Oh no what a muppet:(

No way! You'd think someone might have spotted him visiting Mclaren before now.

:rlol:

What an excellent prospect, Button and Hamilton in the same team.

You have to go for Hamilton to kick ass, as he is already familiar with the car / team, but I am fascinated to see which is the faster driving style. The super smooth JB, or the tipping it from one tank-slapper to the next LH.

I hope it happens for the entertainment, and hope it doesnt, for Buttons chance of another drivers title.

:)

You have to go for Hamilton to kick ass, as he is already familiar with the car / team,

Except it's a completely different car next year!!

I agree I think LH is a better driver, but he takes more risks and with people using less pitstops and trying to save tyres, his driving style will need to calm down if he wants to keep up (unless he goes for the usual plan of getting a 20 second lead within 10 laps and then having another pitstop to replace his shreds of rubber).

I think Brawn have been incredibly off to Button. His loyalty to them has been quickly forgotten. It's pretty obvious that Mercedes have been pulling the strings in the background for a while.

With McLaren free of Mercedes they can go for 2 British drivers and importantly for sponsorship purposes have the No.1 on their cars. Button is more marketable than the over priced exWDC Kimi on the market and so it's a no brainer to go for Button.

I now hope that McLaren and co. now stick it to Brawn next year, which is a complete reverse to this year.

I expect Rosberg and Heidfield to line up for Brawn....but it will be interesting to see how much Rosberg is on as he was reportedly on £8m at Williams which happens to be what Button was asking for....

I think Brawn have been incredibly off to Button. His loyalty to them has been quickly forgotten. It's pretty obvious that Mercedes have been pulling the strings in the background for a while.

I agree, to an extent. Button was loyal-ish. Maybe he was shown as loyal, but getting a reported £10m a year from Honda can make people stay! Villeneuve at BAR, etc.

With McLaren free of Mercedes they can go for 2 British drivers and importantly for sponsorship purposes have the No.1 on their cars. Button is more marketable than the over priced exWDC Kimi on the market and so it's a no brainer to go for Button.

I think McLaren get the better from Kimi, though, who can push and push in a car that's not perfect. I think a LH, KR partnership is better for McLaren than a LH, JB partnership.

I now hope that McLaren and co. now stick it to Brawn next year, which is a complete reverse to this year.

I'm not too bothered, really. Politics and greed is getting in the way. I just hope Alonso does well and Ferrari stick up the pair of them.

I expect Rosberg and Heidfield to line up for Brawn....but it will be interesting to see how much Rosberg is on as he was reportedly on £8m at Williams which happens to be what Button was asking for....

I'd not be surprised to see that partnership at Mercedes now - and Merc will pay that to get 2 Germans in there. NR as #1 and NH as a very competant #2.

I think Button is a bit of a slimeball leaving Brawn, I know it is all about the dinero, however without Brawn he would have been out of the sport last year. He has taken what he can, won and gone 'sod ya, I'm outta here'. Not impressed with him.

I've seen some comments about the fact that Button will now be 2nd driver since Hamilton is the fastest driver out there when he has a car to match!

What a nice thank you to those people behind the scenes who put the REAL hardwork in.

I think Button is a bit of a slimeball leaving Brawn, I know it is all about the dinero, however without Brawn he would have been out of the sport last year. He has taken what he can, won and gone 'sod ya, I'm outta here'. Not impressed with him.

I've seen some comments about the fact that Button will now be 2nd driver since Hamilton is the fastest driver out there when he has a car to match!

What a nice thank you to those people behind the scenes who put the REAL hardwork in.

Although for Brawn to secure its future, a deal with the Germans was perhaps necessary.

That would mean German drivers being required...not leaving Jenson options or indeed Ross Brawn who naturally desires longevity for the team and its employees.