The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

We'll have to agree to disagree Alex, any mistake that costs you and your team a podium finish with the potential to possibly push the eventual winner for a win is a huge mistake in my book.

Speeding in the pitlane and crossing the pitlane exit line are a big no no in my book and really shouldnt happen with such profesional drivers.

He made a mistake in one race. He didn't crash or take anyone else out, of course it was a minor error. It's not like they're pushing for the championship or anything.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosberg's slip was down to dust, a few other drivers understeered heavily on exit from the pits.

I don't see it as a massive mistake...it's unfortunate more than "OMG what a n00b error"

And I can imagine that if Rosberg wasn't first in, then whoever was first in the pits might well have done.

As soon as Rosberg did that, I'll bet you a pound to a penny to a pinch of shit that every team was on the radio to say to take it easy out of the pits because it's dusty.

Wrong place, wrong time. Like poor Nick Heidfeld, getting whacked by Sutil.

Dust lol nobody else had the whole car out of the pitlane exit rd, simple driver error in my opinion.

It cost him any chance of the podium which i'd say was a massive mistake.

I do think it was an error but a small one, although it cost big.

He did it first. The reason (and i'm only guessing) that nobody else did it is because as soon as it happened, all the teams got on the radio and warned there drivers!

Eventful.

The fuel weights (does not include grid penalties)-

1. Sebastian Vettel: 658.5 kg
  2. Jarno Trulli: 655.5 kg
  3. Lewis Hamilton: 656 kg
  4. Adrian Sutil: 650 kg
  5. Rubens Barrichello: 660.5 kg
  6. Nick Heidfeld: 660 kg
  7. Jenson Button: 658.5 kg
  8. Kimi Räikkönen: 661 kg
  9. Heikki Kovalainen: 675 kg
  10. Sébastien Buemi: 665.4 kg
  11. Nico Rosberg: 684.5 kg
  12. Fernando Alonso: 689.5 kg
  13. Robert Kubica: 686 kg
  14. Timo Glock: N/A
  15. Jaime Alguersuari: 682.5 kg
  16. Giancarlo Fisichella: 661.5 kg
  17. Kazuki Nakajima: 695.7 kg
  18. Romain Grosjean: 691.8 kg
  19. Vitantonio Liuzzi: 682.5 kg
  20. Mark Webber: N/A

Vettel the fave, Brawns look off the pace plus 5 place grid demotion.

I don't feel compelled to set the alarm for the race though, good old Sky+ for this one I think :)

Jenson and others given 5 row grid penalties for not slowing down under yellow in Q2. :( Buemi penalised for obstructing other drivers when he limped his car back in Q2

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 658.5kg

2. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 655.5

3. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 656

4. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 660

5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 661

6. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 684.5

7. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 686

8. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 650

9. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 660.5

10. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 682.5

11. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 658.5

12. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 675

13. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 661.5

14. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 665.4

15. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 695.7

16. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 691.8

17. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 689.5

18. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 682.5

19. Timo Glock, Toyota, n/a

20. Mark Webber, Red Bull, n/a

Yes, loads of them with penalties.

Note that the final starting order may change depending on the order in which penalties were deemed to have been applied.

A final grid will be published by the FIA on Sunday morning.

Brawn GP’s Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, Force India’s Adrian Sutil, Renault’s Fernando Alonso were all handed five-place grid penalties for failing to slow adequately under yellow flags

Also, Force India's Vitantonio Liuzzi and McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen both have five-place penalties for gearbox changes.

I'm hoping Hamilton can use the Kers to give him an advantage in the long run down to the first corner, hopefully leading by then.

Jenson and others given 5 row grid penalties for not slowing down under yellow in Q2. :( Buemi penalised for obstructing other drivers when he limped his car back in Q2

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 658.5kg

2. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 655.5

3. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 656

4. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 660

5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 661

6. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 684.5

7. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 686

8. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 650

9. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 660.5

10. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 682.5

11. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 658.5

12. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 675

13. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 661.5

14. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 665.4

15. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 695.7

16. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 691.8

17. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 689.5

18. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 682.5

19. Timo Glock, Toyota, n/a

20. Mark Webber, Red Bull, n/a

staged managed again then just to keep things going!

staged managed again then just to keep things going!

The penalties were legitimate, they didn't slow down as they should have done under the yellow flag. Problem was if they had have slowed down they wouldn't have made it into Q3.

The penalties were legitimate, they didn't slow down as they should have done under the yellow flag. Problem was if they had have slowed down they wouldn't have made it into Q3.

Totally agree and they paid the price for leaving it to last minutes of quallyfying if someone has an incident.

Do you know the rules and what yellow flags mean ?

A single yellow indicates danger ahead, such as debris from a crash. Drivers must slow down as they pass; no overtaking is permitted, unless it is unavoidable such as a driver retiring in the section, or a driver is lapped.

Two waved yellows at the same post indicates great danger ahead. Drivers must slow down and be prepared to stop; no overtaking is permitted unless a driver is lapped.

Yellow flags and the SC board indicates that the Safety car has been deployed.

Do you know the rules and what yellow flags mean ?
yes funny, i do followed gp a long long time & find it sad & a shame so political & money driven these days,better in the days of big slicks & very little down force, ie wheel to wheel racing and OVERTAKING & you would not dare drive your car into another (senna schuy) style because you would both be dead

yes funny, i do followed gp a long long time & find it sad & a shame so political & money driven these days,better in the days of big slicks & very little down force, ie wheel to wheel racing and OVERTAKING & you would not dare drive your car into another (senna schuy) style because you would both be dead

So your up for drivers ignoring yellow flags and putting others at risk ? do you work for Renault ?

The drivers have been penalised for not obeying the yellow flags !! End of story.

So your up for drivers ignoring yellow flags and putting others at risk ? do you work for Renault ?

The drivers have been penalised for not obeying the yellow flags !! End of story.

Completely agree. As soon as the yellows came out I thought well it's the Brawn team's own fault for hanging back and waiting until the last second to put in a flying lap.

Then to see them 30 seconds later flying past what was quite large debris on the track (Was it the whole front wing in the middle fo the circuit) was a real surprise.

There's a rule in place, they broke it, they have been penalised. What more is there to say?

No, at any point but when senna drove prost off the track to win the championship nothing was done, schuy the same with Hill, if it suits the powers to be relaxe the rules , hasent changed in years:)

I've no doubt at all that all of those effected would have slowed by some amount. There was a lot of debris on the track they would have seen that would have cause them to lift, even if just marginally. I'll know for sure on Monday when I read through our chief race engineers report. ;)

Going by the letter of the rules, the only way the penalised drivers could have avoided a penalty would have been to have stopped before they completed that sector as they hadn't previously posted a time. Any time would have been their personal best. So IMHO it's just the stewards not using common sense.

I've no doubt at all that all of those effected would have slowed by some amount. There was a lot of debris on the track they would have seen that would have cause them to lift, even if just marginally. I'll know for sure on Monday when I read through our chief race engineers report. ;)

Going by the letter of the rules, the only way the penalised drivers could have avoided a penalty would have been to have stopped before they completed that sector as they hadn't previously posted a time. Any time would have been their personal best. So IMHO it's just the stewards not using common sense.

Having seen the onboard with Button, Barrichello and Alonso, none of them lifted. They know the rules and got what they deserved.

Lets see if they can make it last to China,be nice to have champion crowned at new race:d:d

Abu Dhabi is not in China. It's in the United Arab Emirates.

Besides China was the third race of the season. Have you not been following?