The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flavio is "distraught"...

Flavio Briatore says he is devastated by his life ban from Formula One and may take legal action against motor sport's governing body.

The flamboyant former Renault team boss was handed the sentence by the International Automobile Federation (FIA) yesterday for for his role in fixing last year's Singapore grand prix by ordering Nelson Piquet Jr to crash. "I am distraught," the 59-year-old Italian was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

Reports said he was planning to bring legal action against the FIA in the Paris courts to try to prove his innocence and win compensation for the damage to his image.

More here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/sep/22/flavio-briatore-f1-ban

Two interesting points from that article.

"Briatore's [penalty] seems to me excessive, there was no clear proof against him and he was not able to defend himself either," he told the Spanish sports newspaper AS.

wonder if that is true...we never got to hear his side of the story.

Media in Italy suggest he might now consider setting up a rival series to Formula One. Briatore was among those planning a breakaway series when teams clashed with the FIA earlier this year and he has long said F1 has become too boring.

I couldnt agree more.

Clash with the FIA to setup a breakaway series and now a lifetime ban.....hmm - convenient

Hamilton should be the favourite then.

1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 660.5kg

2. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 651

3. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657.5

4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 654.5

5. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 658

6. Timo Glock, Toyota, 660.5

7. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 650

8. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 664

9. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 664.5

10. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 655.5

11. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 680.7

12. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 683

13. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 680.5

14. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 678

15. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 690.9

16. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 693

17. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 683.5

18. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 678.5

19. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 683

20. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 656

Hamilton should be the favourite then.

1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 660.5kg

2. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 651

3. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 657.5

4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 654.5

5. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 658

6. Timo Glock, Toyota, 660.5

7. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 650

8. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 664

9. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 664.5

10. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 655.5

11. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 680.7

12. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 683

13. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 680.5

14. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 678

15. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 690.9

16. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 693

17. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 683.5

18. Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari, 678.5

19. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 683

20. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 656

I would say so, look to do well on the track!

ZZ Top are supposed to be over there, I hope Martin Brundle has a chat with them before the race. :)

Totally pointless as always taking to Bernie Ecclestone, Jake Humphrey demonstrated this again yesterday.

What did Jake say to him as at the end of quali he said BE didn't like him?! (missed the start of the show)...

What did Jake say to him as at the end of quali he said BE didn't like him?! (missed the start of the show)...

I recorded the programme yesterday and fast forwarded through some of it . I must've missed that part and I've now deleted it from the hard drive. :blink:

I hope we see a better Button in Suzuka, he surely shouldn't be so uptight now that he's successfully increased his lead stopping the 5 race rot. Lewis managed to lose with a 17point advantage and 2 races to go in 2007, so it's not in the bag yet. But it could be done and dusted next weekend if Rubens has a mare.

Shame for Rosberg...I had high hopes too and really feel bad for him as it was such a minor slip that proved so costly.

He wouldn't have got past Hamilton though.

Could've been worse if you had a £25ew on him.

Well we'll never know due to Roseberg making a daft mistake.

Have you forgot Lewis throwing his Mclaren at the scenery in Monza and wasnt under any pressure from behind.

Well we'll never know due to Roseberg making a daft mistake.

Have you forgot Lewis throwing his Mclaren at the scenery in Monza and wasnt under any pressure from behind.

That's because he wanted to finish second. When you push all the time, something's going to give. It was good to see him push, a shame to see him go off, but at least he went off trying and gave us a good show rather than coast over in 3rd.

That's because he wanted to finish second. When you push all the time, something's going to give. It was good to see him push, a shame to see him go off, but at least he went off trying and gave us a good show rather than coast over in 3rd.

Having worked in motorsport for a fair few years i cant name a single driver who wants to finish second !

He lost control leaving the pits, a stupid beginners mistake that cost him the opportunity to put pressure on Lewis, i bet the team were impressed, it was a shame as he had driven so well over the whole weeked and was potentially quicker than Lewis in quallyfying until Rubens put his car in the wall ending the session.

Having worked in motorsport for a fair few years i cant name a single driver who wants to finish second !

He lost control leaving the pits, a stupid beginners mistake that cost him the opportunity to put pressure on Lewis, i bet the team were impressed, it was a shame as he had driven so well over the whole weeked and was potentially quicker than Lewis in quallyfying until Rubens put his car in the wall ending the session.

Sorry, I was talking about Hamilton *wanting* to finish 2nd at Monza - obviously he wanted to win but pushed to the very end - hence binning it.

Of course nobody wants to ever finish second!

As for Rosberg, yes, that was just a rookie mistake in/out of the pits. Same for Vettel!

Sorry, I was talking about Hamilton *wanting* to finish 2nd at Monza - obviously he wanted to win but pushed to the very end - hence binning it.

Of course nobody wants to ever finish second!

As for Rosberg, yes, that was just a rookie mistake in/out of the pits. Same for Vettel!

Sorry mate thought you meant Rosberg, i kind of knew unless Lewis made a mistake my money was gone but for Rosberg to slide out the the pit exit rd the way he did was damn unforgivable.

I had some cash on Vettel as well which just rubbed salt in the wonds lol :(

My sister also wasnt happy with me as she wanted to put money on Glock to finish on the podium to which i laughed lol not a good gambleing weekend that one lol

Rosberg's slip was down to dust, a few other drivers understeered heavily on exit from the pits.

I don't see it as a massive mistake...it's unfortunate more than "OMG what a n00b error"

And the team can hardly complain after the car they gave him for the last 2 races!

Rosberg's slip was down to dust, a few other drivers understeered heavily on exit from the pits.

I don't see it as a massive mistake...it's unfortunate more than "OMG what a n00b error"

And the team can hardly complain after the car they gave him for the last 2 races!

I agree to some extent, but I did not see anyone else do what he did... it's a driver error however you look at it. He is quite a rookie and is not the best out there but he is a very talented driver and drove brilliantly in that race; so it was a real shame to see his one mistake :(

I can only imagine that Vettel was speeding due to lifting his visor for cool air before limiting his car; again a rookie mistake and a shame because he was chasing hamilton well.

Hamilton however, was most awesome all weekend. I cannot believe how superior both he and his car were on that track.

Dust lol nobody else had the whole car out of the pitlane exit rd, simple driver error in my opinion.

It cost him any chance of the podium which i'd say was a massive mistake.

Hamilton however, was most awesome all weekend. I cannot believe how superior both he and his car were on that track.

It was good in qualifying (1 or 2 I think it was) when they were saying how most of them were on super-softs as they were so much better round there - then Hammi comes out on harder tyres and comes out 3/10ths above everyone else, straight into the pits and waits for the next session! :D

Well of course it was a driver error but I'm saying it was a *very minor* one that cost him a lot.

We'll have to agree to disagree Alex, any mistake that costs you and your team a podium finish with the potential to possibly push the eventual winner for a win is a huge mistake in my book.

Speeding in the pitlane and crossing the pitlane exit line are a big no no in my book and really shouldnt happen with such profesional drivers.