The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the lightest sentence ever for the F1's worst crime.

Its not like they are going to do it again in next 2 seasons! No fine as they dont want them to quit the sport.

McClaren were wiped of all points and had a record fine for what most of them have said was lesser a crime.

So we have all learnt....do the crime...blame somone and sack them... then hold your hands up and get off scott free!

thats the lightest sentence ever for the F1's worst crime.

If you look at most of the punishments meted out by the FIA, they normally reflect the circumstances of the accused rather than the offence that was commited.

McLarens core business is F1 so they were easy prey for a big fine and the loss of the previous seasons points.

The last thing the FIA wants is for Renault to leave F1 especially after losing two manufactuers in the last year. Apart from running two cars themselves, they also supply engines to Red Bull and all the the cars in the GP2 feeder category plus WSR 3.5 and all the Formula Renault series. If they had received a hefty fine all they would do is ramp up the costs to everyone they supply to recover it (and more, probably).

What an absolute joke.

I dug this up from when Toyota were banned from WRC.

"According to Toyota the device had been devised at a "certain level" and the management knew nothing about it. The FIA dismissed this claim, saying that as a team they were responsible for all their actions. "

So the fact that Briatore and Symmonds have gone shouldn't make any difference. The only thing consistant with the FIA is the inconsistancy of their punishments.

I wonder how much the "substantial" financial contribution to the FIA safety charity will be? I imagine we'll never know.