The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

It's the kind of trick that can only be pulled once though? And only on narrow tracks where a SC is certain? They must have been desperate for that win!!

Oh without a doubt. I think that would narrow it down to street circuits only - unless it was a particularly bad one.

It was their first win since Alonso won the 2006 WDC, wasn't it? Just so happened the back to back win might have just removed the doubt from the result, as they were flying after that.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wouldn't that make Piquet some kind of accessory? .

More than likely, he could've refused to do it.

which makes me wonder how many times something like this before has happened - but where no jobs/positions/drives were lost and it's been kept quiet.

Quite a few times I would think.

Mosley has said he considers this a bigger offence than the McLaren saga so I'm expecting something quite heavy as a punishment.

To reopen the Mosley conspiracy theories though...

... wasn't Briatore lining himself up to run for FIA President in place of Max? :innocent:

FFS! Do people just jump right to the end of threads and post stuff? :rolleyes:

whooops. sorry chaps. i swear i even skimmed through the posts above mine to make sure i wasnt reposting. guess i got caught up in the excitement.

not bad for 4,300+ posts. i would've bet my fingernails that i'd have made a mistake before post 100!!!

sometimes i shock even myself :D

anyway, as Renault are probably saying: "accidents will happen" :D

The rest of the people there are innocent of any wrong-doing (at least relating to this).

How do you know that?

Maybe take the 10 points off that Fernando got from that now ill-fated race from this years total?

Doesnt seem harsh enough, after all they endangered the life of the driver, the marshalls and spectators.

They set the standards when they went after McLaren, I would expect some consistency in their decision.

... wasn't Briatore lining himself up to run for FIA President in place of Max? :innocent:

Oh no, another bloody life line for the mole...

Remember Toyota was banned from rallying for 3 years for knowingly cheating in the mid 90's.

What Renault have done is far, far worse than that, so resultantly the team deserve to be banned IMHO.

I fully understand that people's livelihoods are at stake, although to be honest, even if they're not banned I could see Renault pulling out anyway. They've clearly been looking to jump for a number of years now, and with the current financial climate and 14 teams trying to enter into a (currently) 13 team championship, there's never been a better opportunity.

Remember Toyota was banned from rallying for 3 years for knowingly cheating in the mid 90's.

What Renault have done is far, far worse than that, so resultantly the team deserve to be banned IMHO.

I fully understand that people's livelihoods are at stake, although to be honest, even if they're not banned I could see Renault pulling out anyway. They've clearly been looking to jump for a number of years now, and with the current financial climate and 14 teams trying to enter into a (currently) 13 team championship, there's never been a better opportunity.

Yep I agree...and if they were to be banned I expect most people could find re-employment via the new teams.