The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 poor races for Button and he is still 16 points in the lead....

I would love for Brawn to win the championship, however not sure if he deserves it if the poor performances continue and he just wins on points.

6 poor races for Button and he is still 16 points in the lead....

I would love for Brawn to win the championship, however not sure if he deserves it if the poor performances continue and he just wins on points.

You can only ever win on points! I don't think anyone ever won the championship on artistic merit or for having nice hair.

So what if the second half of the season is rubbish for him. He was dominant early on, built himself a cushion and, to date, no other driver has been consistent enough to pose a threat.

You can only ever win on points! I don't think anyone ever won the championship on artistic merit or for having nice hair.

So what if the second half of the season is rubbish for him. He was dominant early on, built himself a cushion and, to date, no other driver has been consistent enough to pose a threat.

Yes, pretty much my point; is it good enough to just win by being more consistent (in the points) than others and not really worry about the number of outright wins.

perhaps they should look at some way of rewarding the top qualifiers too with points too.

Yes, pretty much my point; is it good enough to just win by being more consistent (in the points) than others and not really worry about the number of outright wins.

perhaps they should look at some way of rewarding the top qualifiers too with points too.

TBH 6 wins is pretty good, even if it does come in the first half of the season.

The FIA is to launch an investigation into the events at last year's Singapore Grand Prix, where Renault's Fernando Alonso claimed victory on the back of a crash by his team-mate Nelson Piquethttp://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78195

Hell hath no fury than a F1 driver scorned etc.

Sounds like hes had a fit of Pique and dobbed them in.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Many thanks everyone for your support. I can't even start to tell you how much this means to us all at FI.

Even though I'm nursing one hell of a hangover this morning, I'm still grinning from ear to ear!

Cheers!

Well done Tony, especially as everyone kept mentioning it was the Aero work done back at Brackley!!!!!

Now get to work for the next one :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Many thanks everyone for your support. I can't even start to tell you how much this means to us all at FI.

Even though I'm nursing one hell of a hangover this morning, I'm still grinning from ear to ear!

Cheers!

What a fantastic race for you and I loved the way you were pushing the Ferrari along the track too..

So where did you watch the race, at home or at a FI location.. Assuming that you were not at the track.

Congrats.. :)

Breaking News (Rumour Mill actually).

BMW F1 to be bought by Proton, Petronas, Sauber, LiteSpeed F3 joint venture....and to be called Lotus-Sauber powered by Ferrari engines.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21785.html

All very complicated but a senior Ferrari guy was appointed the CEO of Lotus today, Dany Bahar. He is the link to Ferrari...to Lotus...who are owned by Proton....and on...

It's all rumour mill ATM but it would be cool to have Lotus-Sauber on the grid in 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8239654.stm

Rossi was briefly discussing racing in Monza for Ferrari

Also looks like Merc are pondering a 40% purchase of Brawn

That and Liuzzi has been promoted to drive in FI. Bit lacklustre on that news myself, I think people like Davison and a few others would be better suited out there.