The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be brilliant if it was MS on pole and Hammi 2nd, then he KERS' it up to the first corner and they both battle it out for the rest of the race!!

Or otherwise Kimi T-bones hammi on the first corner and ruins the world.

I've a feeling that a car might be made available to trundle around Maranello on the quiet ...

Against the rules.

Doesn't mean they couldn't get a F1 car, running on an engine that isn't classified and also an ECU which isn't managed by the FIA somewhere indoors away from cameras.

Interesting idea tho. Gonna have to try and work from home the Friday of the race weekend to watch Schumi thrash it round on the practice sessions

Against the rules.

Never stopped them before hehe.

Doesn't mean they couldn't get a F1 car, running on an engine that isn't classified and also an ECU which isn't managed by the FIA somewhere indoors away from cameras.

I think they'll probably give him last years car to thrash around, with simulated downforce levels.

They know how the 2009 car goes around Maranello, so they'll simulate that in a 2008 car.

Just my thought anyways.

They'll probably just have a "shakedown" of which many are allowed as long as you don't do more than 50Km in a day. Alternatively they may use one of their "marketing days" during which I believe you're allowed to do as many Km's as you like.

Does anyone really believe that his role at Ferrari is simply that of advisor? I bet he's been in the 09 car umpteen times 'advising' them how to make it faster.

I bet he knows the odd thing or two about the new car.

I think it shoud prove very interesting with him back, bet viewing figures rise.

EJ reckons tv audiences may rise by 20%. That's a massive increase in the millions.

he just a cheating t**t i dont see the big deal lewis will kick his cheating arse

Massage my hoop! Lewis is just as bad a cheat as MS was.

Alonso and Vettel are the two most talented drivers on that grid.

Massa is quick but has no racecraft and Kimi has lost his motivation.

He is a supemely confident racer, he has what it takes to succeed in spades (skill etc), he does bend the rules, because he has so much drive (pun intended :)) He is one of the best F1 drivers ever, some say the best, so I for one am very happy to see his return, as for Hamilton im sure he will be licking his lips at thought of locking horns with the Shu.

Schumacher is testing in practising in a 2007 car.

However, Ferrari has asked rival teams for permission to have Schumacher test this year's car during the testing ban ahead of the European Grand Prix.

Ferrari has written to the FIA and to its rival teams asking to allow Schumacher to test for a day with this year's F60 car in order to arrive better prepared for the Valencia race.

I think they should let him have a go of the 2009 car, the new regulations should allow a stand in driver to have some time behind the wheel before a race weekend but I suppose Ferrari could sneakily use the opportunity to test some new parts.

He'd obviously come up with some suggestions though, it'd be a bit unfair. If they let him do it they should let all the teams have a days testing.

They had 2 perfectly good test drivers, I do not think they should allow him for that reason.

I think they should let him have a go of the 2009 car, the new regulations should allow a stand in driver to have some time behind the wheel before a race weekend but I suppose Ferrari could sneakily use the opportunity to test some new parts.

As far as i know the new guy with toro rosso didn't get any test time so i dont think shumi should either,however it's good he agreed to stand in should make things interesting.

I wonder what helped him decide to race again?

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5461147,00.html

;)

When mansell returned to f1... "Mansell was paid approximately £900,000 per race, compared to Williams' lead driver at the time, Damon Hill being paid £300,000 for the entire season"

When you compare that to what massa is probably on now for a season i think 3m for schui is a bargain :p

When mansell returned to f1... "Mansell was paid approximately £900,000 per race, compared to Williams' lead driver at the time, Damon Hill being paid £300,000 for the entire season"

When you compare that to what massa is probably on now for a season i think 3m for schui is a bargain :p

And if I remember, Mansell was out performed by Hill in those races? There again, Mansell never kept himself in the shape that MS seems to have.

Maybe we'll see the Kimi of old back, in which case, Ferrari will once again have a formidable driver line up.