The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great week for motor sport, but HTF does a spring just 'fall' off the back of a car?

I'm imagining some kind of 007 device to drop stuff in the path of the car behind.. The Oil slick machine might be a tad obvious..

Really hope that he gets through this ok.. Poor bloke..

I think something else broke leading to the spring being released.

Any head injury is life threatening hence the headlines. But they have expert medics following F1 and they will have given him the best care possible.

It could have been much worse if it had clouted his visor! I can't see what they can do in open cockpit racing to stop that sort of freak accident...

Short of making them enclosed cockpits, there's nothing they can do - just a complete freak of an accident, the odds are astronomical that it'll happen again.

It's a risk of open-top racing, and all of the drivers know that, every time they get in the car.

why not have a closed cockpit?

It would be a very tight inclosed cockpit and id think it be more dangerous in most crashes.

You'll never know exactly everytime how a roof is going to fold...i.e in or out.

Alsohow would the driver get out quickly in event of a fire or pit stop problem etc...

Odds for Schuey climbing in? Or maybe Alonso moving over early? ... interesting.

I was thinking the same thing. If Renault are not happy to release Alonso then Ferrari have a lot of experience in Schumi to help them develop the car for the rest of the season. I'm sure the constructors points will come in handy too!

Quite enjoyed that one, rather exciting as far as F1 goes.

Great race by Lewis, shame he lost his head two weeks ago as his car seems transformed.

That footage of Massa's incident during the introduction was scary, wishing him all the best.

Mclaren are back. better late than never :D

dissapointed with heiki this year though. i i felt his season was going really well up to now, all things considered. really thought there would be mclarens on the podium. obviously not. mind you, isnt he meant to be leaving at the end of the season?

The spring that hit him weighed nearly 1kilo and was made of steel and hit his head whilst he was doing approx 150mph.

Massa has two fractures of the skull. One at the front over his eye and a basal fracture. The basal one is the serious one.

He was kept in a coma as would be expected for that type of injury and woken today by Docs to assess his recovery.

I wouldn't have thought that he would be back in a car this season.

I wish him a full and speedy reocovery.

Great result from Lewis and the team, good to see a bit of form back with them again. The next race will be interesting.

On that note: Renault suspended from next race: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8169649.stm

Knew jerk reaction to the recent events? I think so. Even though it was pretty stupid of them not to tell Fernando they knew there was a problem.