The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money (literally) is on Kimi, at 80/1 its possible.

Chuck in a safety car, a shower, an accident, a botched pit-stop, a flawed strategy, a retirement, and there go all the drivers who were in front of him!

Long live optimism.

:)

Those fascinating fuel weights....

Expect to hear Legard to say "now it's time for Button to 'drop the hammer'" a bit

Those are for the last race at Turkey. ;)

I can't see anyone beating Vettel tomorrow. :)

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 666.5 kg

2. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 657.5

3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 659.5

4. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 658

5. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 652.5

6. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 657.5

7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 661.5

8. Timo Glock, Toyota, 660

9. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 654

10. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 654

11. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 675

12. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 689.5

13. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 695.5

14. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 682.5

15. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 665.5

16. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 668

17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 687.5

18. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 692

19. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 666

20. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 672.5

Those are for the last race at Turkey. ;)

Yeah :oops: Had a few windows on the go so wasn't paying full attention.

As for the race just the start then :yawn:, they really need to sort this dirty air/overtaking malarkey out i.e Button at the end a prime example. :rolleyes:

Is it only Ferrari with KERS now? I thought McLaren had a good setup?

Yes , just Ferrari.

One of the reasons for Mclaren not running with it is that there isn't really enough heavy braking during the lap to charge it up to make it worthwhile, potentially worth it though for the start alone as Ferrari proved.

The teams are allowed to charge up the KERS system before the race starts so they've got a full charge available off the line at the start.

Sometimes I think F1 looks for problems that don't exist or exaggerate the ones that do just to fill time or make everything more "exciting",.. maybe making up for the lack of action on the track.

How much time was taken up just talking about the race going to Donington Park next year actually during the race at Silverstone.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it difficult to understand why the FIA are trying to introduce a ridiculously low budget cap which the majority of teams don't want to adhere too, something more realistic and they might listen.

You may aswell just have one manufacturer to produce all the of cars like they do in other levels of motoring racing. :blink:

Christ when is the FOTA vs FIA & FOA saga going to end?

Not in the near future I would think. F1 craves publicity - the last race at Silverstone was a total bore, at least one bookmaker has already paid out on the Drivers Championship, and there is still the best part of half a season to go.

Only thing to do is to drum up some telly time. FIA + Max v FOTA a couple of weeks ago, Bernie appears this week and says Hitler got things done and Max would make a good PM ( both of which I agree with :), and it's all back on News at Ten.

You have to admire Bernie. He has sold a shite product, at top dollar, to Presidents, Governments, TV companies and punters over the world, all thinking they have bought into something special. Emperors New Clothes springs to mind :)