17. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 669

18. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 657

19. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 675

20. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 656

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great race, congrats to Brawn yet again.....Button is on top form. Good drive from Barrichello too.

Shame about the Ferraris - :rlol:

And good to see webber finish over Vettel (cant stand that guy).

yeah button was on top form he must think hes in a dream world this season .

anyway noob question for you tech heads how does KERS work ????

i know its a build up of kenetic energy but im foxed as how its turned into a boost of power .

So there are teams ready to arrive, and because of the leak of those emails between Ferrari and the FIA they won't want to be seen to give in to Ferrari again - looks like the cap will stay in place for next year. We'll lose a few teams maybe and gain some crap teams in their place. With the boost (KERS) system and the idea of all teams using the same engine, it's getting more and more like A1GP all the time!!!

Why don't they just keep the setup as it is at the moment, and reverse the finishing positions for the start of the next race? The first race could be decided by championship position from last season. Saturday qualifying could be replaced by a voluntary 'fun' race day, to include any testing the teams want, and a couple of races resulting in incentives for the teams that win, things like grid position increases or higher rev limits allowed on race day etc.

Result: FAR more exciting racing!!

F1 is the pinnicle of motorsport...the best brains and the best money. It's incredibly cost effective for marketing (look at ING - who knew who they were before hand).

Much as I hate Ferrari, I can't stand the thought of an F1 without them - quite blatently it won't BE F1 anymore....

If Max drives off Ferrari, Bernie will be really p1ssed as his greatest asset is that team - the rights owners to F1 (CVC) will have kittens if their prized asset is suddenly devalued.

The deal breaker at the moment, is NOT the budget, it's the 2-tier formula it will breed. There will be £40m cars lapping 3secs a lap faster than unlimited budget cars. THAT IS NOT A SPORT.

The cars right now are covered by ~1.5secs...which is just incredible. The drivers ARE making a difference, the good ones are putting slow cars where they have no right to be.

The "sport" of F1 has never been closer, but a 2-tier system will blow that away - what a turn off.

The technical regulations MUST be the same for all 26 cars taking part. I pray the meeting today goes some way to fixing the 2-tier issue.

I'm not so sure if the difference in technical regs will make that great a difference. The reason being that to develop the cars to take advantage of the technical freedom will be prohibitively expensive.

I think what will happen is you'll have very simplistic cars that are if anything 2 - 3 seconds off the pace of the unlimited budget cars.

Take for example USGPE. They've openly said that they're not going to begin tunnel testing until September! That doesn't leave enough time to fully develop a car.

If I were to say that at Williams, September 1st is historically the date that the chassis is finally defined and there has probably been somewhere around a 1000 hours of wind tunnel time dedicated to defining it, and a team of 50 - 80 people working solely on the aerodynamics of the chassis (compared to USGPE's entire workforce of 20) you soon get the feeling that it will be a two tier F1. A premier league for the big spenders and the conference for the rest.

I don't think the alternative regulations will be as free as that.

Adjustable rear wings are more complicated than you think. In fact the control system for the front wing flap adjuster is a enough of a nightmare in it's own right. It's not quite a simply as an up/down button.

I don't think the alternative regulations will be as free as that.

Adjustable rear wings are more complicated than you think. In fact the control system for the front wing flap adjuster is a enough of a nightmare in it's own right. It's not quite a simply as an up/down button.

I'm sure! :D But I heard the biggest budget last year was £270 million, which included driver salaries and everything else! So taking just the technical side it can't have been more than £100 million? And that's the BIGGEST spending team. Didn't seem that big a jump to £40m but I suppose it would be for the big players. I don't pretend to know anything about the budgets really.

Brawn has been given KERS. Link

Now I don't know about anyone else but I was rather enjoying Brawn without them having cars, the fact they are running rings round cars with KERS.

Still no date announced though as a lot of work on the car required.

I very much agree with eddie irvine on this. KERS is a waste of time and has no place in F1.