The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been to the british GP when it was raining and as a spectator you cant see f all

Yeah, me too - unless you happen to be near a big screen.

But it's the TV audiences he wants - that's why races are being run at different times, regardless of what people are telling him about the weather or amount of light.

Car weights.

1. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 648.5 kg

2. Timo Glock, Toyota, 643

3. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 659

4. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 652.5

5. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 652.5

6. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 649

7. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 650.5

8. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 664.5

9. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 670.5

10. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 671.5

11. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 678.5

12. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 680.9

13. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 698.6

14. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 696.3

15. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 677.6

16. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 678.5

17. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 652

18. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 656

19. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 679

20. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 667.5

Guest willismaximus

fingers crossed mclaren will keep their noses clean now and steer clear of anymore trouble, I may be a Button fan (Always have been regardless of team) but i'd still hate to see Lewis walk which i think he would if things carry on

fingers crossed mclaren will keep their noses clean now and steer clear of anymore trouble, I may be a Button fan (Always have been regardless of team) but i'd still hate to see Lewis walk which i think he would if things carry on

I bet McLaren have a water-tight deal on him, considering how much they invested in his early career, etc.

well done jenson. the 2 toyotas were a bit of a let down and im so happy ferrari have got nada .

lets see what happens at barcelona lewis should have a new car wouldnt it be great to see some senna/mansel battles again.

Formula 1 teams will be encouraged to operate within a £40m budget cap from 2010 under new cost cutting measures announced by governing body the FIA.

Those who comply will be gain greater technical freedom and unlimited out-of-season testing.

But expenditure such as driver salaries, engine costs (for 2010 only), fines and marketing and hospitality will not come under the £40m budget.

The maximum number of cars in the championship will rise from 24 to 26.

At the moment there are 20, two for each of the 10 teams, but the budget cap could attract new entrants and F1 commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone has stated that he envisages up to three new teams in 2010.

After announcing a £30m cap in March, the FIA's World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) has increased that figure by a further £10m, with the formation of a new costs commission to police the regulation.

There are no fixed penalties for teams who exceed the budget cap but the costs commission will judge the degree of the misdemeanour and advise the FIA, who will determine any penalty.

Looking forward to hearing about this more technical freedom lark :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8025566.stm

Ive just read up on the technical lark.

No engine rev limit and adjustable wings allowed, unlimited testing!

Everyone will have to go to the budget or just simply not even be in the same league!

I was hoping they could supercharge or turbocharge a generic engine. i.e keep stock internals + block. Wouldn't that be great :D

I'm wondering if the unlimited out-of-season testing is to be included in the £40m budget, or if the £40m is for in-season period.

I wonder what valve bounce would sound like on a F1 engine...

No engine rev limit and adjustable wings allowed, unlimited testing!

Complete turnaround really, this season the regulations were designed to slow the cars down with less downforce and a reduced rev limit.

Top speed on the straights and around the corners will increase, surely there'll be restrictions on the movement of front and rear wings. :blink:

Complete turnaround really, this season the regulations were designed to slow the cars down with less downforce and a reduced rev limit.

Top speed on the straights and around the corners will increase, surely there'll be restrictions on the movement of front and rear wings. :blink:

But, they're banning mid-race refuelling. So, they'll also probably limit the size of the fuel tank - or the maximum weight of the car; thereby limiting the revs and power.

Give with one hand, take with the other :)

They dont think these things totally through, as they say they are saving money on frieght. However if there is a safety car paeriod the teams will make sure they burn as much fuel when behind the safety car so they are not carrying more fuel then required to get them to the end of the race.

There goes the Green bit!! Especially if rev limits jump up to 21,000 on these engines where they are pushing each other in development.

To get round the budget limitations theyll pay for staff to gon expensive holidays, not a salary as such ;-) but a promotional benefit.

They dont think these things totally through, as they say they are saving money on frieght. However if there is a safety car paeriod the teams will make sure they burn as much fuel when behind the safety car so they are not carrying more fuel then required to get them to the end of the race.

But there's rule in place that means they have to slow down behind the safety care. These are only ideas so far and have not been formalised.

There goes the Green bit!! Especially if rev limits jump up to 21,000 on these engines where they are pushing each other in development.

Well, no. If they up the rev limit, they'll have to make them more efficient, as there's a ban on refuelling. So if you want more revs, make them ore fuel efficient.

To get round the budget limitations theyll pay for staff to gon expensive holidays, not a salary as such ;-) but a promotional benefit.

Do you really think the FIA/FOCA/WMSC won't be looking into all this?

Give with one hand, take with the other :)

It's just crazy. :blink: :)

Having to slow down to save fuel instead of going flat out will be very boring.

It would be far easier if they could do whatever they wanted as long as they had a limited budget.

But there's rule in place that means they have to slow down behind the safety care. These are only ideas so far and have not been formalised.

Well, no. If they up the rev limit, they'll have to make them more efficient, as there's a ban on refuelling. So if you want more revs, make them ore fuel efficient.

Do you really think the FIA/FOCA/WMSC won't be looking into all this?

This is where we need better definition of the rules.

Your point 1, is easy to overcome just run the car as rich as possible (engine safety) when behind safety car to burn the unused fuel at the low speed. So just a different engine map.

I havent seen limit on tank size yet,however with Kers in there and everything else it will be ab it tight. But ive heard they will be shortening the race lengths anyway :(

They can look into it but if the person is paid from another area of the company not much they can do as if the financial world (i.e tax man) sees them paid by a different branch the FIA cant really go thats not the case as it measn the tax man would be wrong.

We are clever but the teams are more clever in finding loopholes, the budget may be 40million but i bet some squeeze that up to around 50million in various ways.

This is where we need better definition of the rules.

Agreed

Your point 1, is easy to overcome just run the car as rich as possible (engine safety) when behind safety car to burn the unused fuel at the low speed. So just a different engine map.

I disagree ... but we'll leave it there.

I havent seen limit on tank size yet,however with Kers in there and everything else it will be ab it tight. But ive heard they will be shortening the race lengths anyway :(

Well, no. They're given x amount of fuel to x distance. Tank size is irrelevant. Once it's set, it's set.

They can look into it but if the person is paid from another area of the company not much they can do as if the financial world (i.e tax man) sees them paid by a different branch the FIA cant really go thats not the case as it measn the tax man would be wrong.

I'm sure they'll find it, but I can't be bothered getting into a debate.

We are clever but the teams are more clever in finding loopholes.

Yes, there's no questioning that. Look at what they've done all the way through F1. And Motorsport in general.

What I mean about tank size is, at the moment they are saying to fit Kers in they had to shrink the size of tanks to fit it in, and no one can go full distance so a fundental change in design will be required.

P.s Good effort on the quoting I was being lazy :D

I still think this budget should be imposed for all or not at all. No point having a 2 tier system and i guess the reason theyve done this is so they can get the rules in quickly.