The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official F1 2009 thread. *may contain spoilers*

Nic

Common sense rules for once!

Bring on China :)

You've got to be having a laugh!

This is all over the definition of a "fully enclosed hole". This is really going to open up a whole can of worms as if it's possible to take the proverbial with regards to definitions to this extent, then the car whose designers are willing to push the limits of the english language the most are always going to have the fastest car.

I would expect to see a lot more cars have "innovative designs" and a lot more results to be decided in court.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be funny if Brawn are still fastest when all of them have better diffusers.

Brawn are likely to still have the fastest car as they've been developing their car longer than everyone else.

I don't think they've been sat down there with their thumbs up their arses whilst everyone else works out what to do with their diffusers.

Plus it's not just the diffuser that makes them better, it's the whole package which has the best part of 9 months development on some teams.

Shame really as Vettel has been showing promising pace.

Good driver though he is, however reminds me a bit of Schumacher, pushing his competition off the track and moaning when things dont go his way.

not really a fan of the guy.

This season is Buttons.......hopefully.

Brawn are likely to still have the fastest car as they've been developing their car longer than everyone else.

I don't think they've been sat down there with their thumbs up their arses whilst everyone else works out what to do with their diffusers.

Plus it's not just the diffuser that makes them better, it's the whole package which has the best part of 9 months development on some teams.

Agree, completely.

Brawn, Williams, Toyota, etc have the diffuser as an integral part of the cars design. Everything else is honed and refined to work WITH that.

RBR, McLaren, Ferrari, etc, will all have to adapt their current cars to incorporate the diffusers - which means compromise - and compromise is never as good as fully integrated designs.

The limit on testing will also major hurt the integration of this. Sure, CFD and windtunnel can be used, again in limited amounts, but they are simulations and will never be a true representation of track time - McLarens rear wing is a perfect case in point.

I think the rest of the pack will be now sorted by who's car can be easily adapted. My money goes to RBR - because even though they have more work to do, it's a section of the car rather than fiddling with minor parts here and there.

Brawn FTW!

I then asked Dennis whether he was leaving F1 to improve McLaren's chances at the hearing and he said 'no'.

I'm sure it will help.

What's McLaren's new sports car proj? I know they had the Sterling Moss thing a while ago..

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Industry-News/McLaren-plans-three-models-including-60k-sports-car/?content-block=1

Ron Dennis has now officially stepped down from McLaren F1. Also states Whitmarsh offered to quit F1 in the Australian GP incident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8001425.stm

What's McLaren's new sports car proj? I know they had the Sterling Moss thing a while ago..

that is a real shame for Mclaren and for F1, wonder if the relationship between McLaren and the Hamiltons will still be the same; perhaps it has changed which is why Dennis decided to move on.....

Hamilton fastest in first practice session, Button fastest in 2nd session.

Not so good for Hamilton in the second session but obviously we don't know what fuel loads they were running, the qualifying should be worth watching.

that is a real shame for Mclaren and for F1, wonder if the relationship between McLaren and the Hamiltons will still be the same; perhaps it has changed which is why Dennis decided to move on.....

Martin Whitmarsh was saying that him and Ron Dennis didn't always see eye to eye so it could well be better if Ron Dennis wasn't involved.

Reading a few things in the press, Anthony Hamilton seems to be a very controlling person and is creating a lot of rifts, resulting in a strained relationships. Sack the Dad. Obviously as it is the press and good pinch of salt is needed.

Wow, qualifying mixed things up a bit. This race tomorrow will be a corker I feel :)

Indeed, wanted Webber to finish pole.......cant stand the vet

Good luck to Brawn for tomorrow....Rubens did pretty well...very entertaining Q2 and Q3...

Werid to see Hamiltons McLaren unload the front wheels in the corner like that.......

Diffuser.....what diffuser - the red bull finished on pole WITHOUT one.......all bloody smoke and mirrors in F1 - as usual

Car weights.

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 644kg

2. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 637

3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 646.5

4. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 661

5. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 659

6. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 664.5

7. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 650.5

8. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 673.5

9. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 679

10. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 673

11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 679

12. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 697

13. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 690

14. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 682.7

15. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 690

16. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 697.9

17. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 659

18. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 648

19. Timo Glock, Toyota, 652

20. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 679.5

anyone up and watching??

how do we change this commentator?? I like Brundel, but this other fool is driving me mental!!!

Couldn't agree more, even James Allen was better than him; thought I'd never say that

Gutted :(

Such a shame, as he was doing SO well!!! A little too much pressure at the wrong time.

Great Race, unlucky Sutil,

Good to see McClaren back up towards front of midfield and that red bull in the wet is fast, although a bit may be too do wit Brawn not knowing as much about the car in the wet.

Ferrari though - ohh dear not looking good!

Hamilton did well in the beginning but seems to kill the tyres off too quickly!

Brilliant result for Red Bull.

Definitely! Vettel is the man! Bring on the Fantasy League results...