The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Huge fire in Gosport!

Mike

Not sure what's going on yet, but there is a huge fire going on in Gosport... can't get any details on the net/radio/tv yet.

I'm a bit worried I have to say :blink:

It's been burning for about 40 minutes now and seem to be getting worse. Lots of banging going on...

The young lass in Waitrose seemed to think it could have been a garage or something? *Very* black smoke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7957954.stm

"Residents are being told to keep windows shut." :conf:

That'll be to keep the local pikeys from robbing their houses.

We just had a wander down there and it looks like they've put it out now... :)

Phew... I thought that was going to become 'the great fire of Gosport' there!? :D

Gosport destroyed in fire causing millions of pounds of improvements.

Prob a stupid question but can i search for pics of places there? went back a few years ago obviously alot had changed, :(

I've been there four years now and to be honest I don't see a lot of the town... it's more of a base for me as I work and go out in Pompey/London most of the time.

Being a northerner I was a bit shocked at what you get for your money in Portsmouth so moved out further a field to get a decent sized place. I'm ten minutes from the ferry port, which is great for a link into Pompey without taking a car.. and it's not quite as crowded. The road in and out of the place was a bit of a pain to start with, but you soon get to know when to travel.

I'll be honest and say Waitrose being my local shop is probably what's kept me there... the southern snob I've become!