The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R33 Vs R32 Skyline

supraspeed

Ok my next car looks like a Skyline GTR. The problem is i'm a bit caught up between models. I like the look of the R33 GTR and obviously its newer, more reliable and quicker standard than an R32 GTR. I'm trying to find out how R32's compare as they are a few k cheaper than an R33. Anyone owned one who could give me any advice :)

Ok my next car looks like a Skyline GTR. The problem is i'm a bit caught up between models. I like the look of the R33 GTR and obviously its newer, more reliable and quicker standard than an R32 GTR. I'm trying to find out how R32's compare as they are a few k cheaper than an R33. Anyone owned one who could give me any advice :)

I dont agree with any of the above

They are less common than R33

Lighter and therefore a tad faster

Reliability is all but the same

I dont think you will find they are cheaper than a 33

You have found the cost of owning a Supra a pain, I would think again about owning a GTR if you dont have deep pockets

(I have owned a slightly modded R32 in the past by the way :))

I dont agree with any of the above

They are less common than R33

Lighter and therefore a tad faster

Reliability is all but the same

I dont think you will find they are cheaper than a 33

You have found the cost of owning a Supra a pain, I would think again about owning a GTR if you dont have deep pockets

(I have owned a slightly modded R32 in the past by the way :))

Ok cheers, just when i looked at the performance stats the r33 was quicker. r33 prices seem to be more expensive but i have seen quite a few r32's going for similar money, mainly modified though. how does the r32 drive like?

Ok cheers, just when i looked at the performance stats the r33 was quicker. r33 prices seem to be more expensive but i have seen quite a few r32's going for similar money, mainly modified though. how does the r32 drive like?

The 4 wheel drive system makes for a great launch and has better road handling than a supra, the build quality is not so good and the car is not as strong

I find the Skyline more practical however a GTR will be more expensive to look after and mod than a Supra in my experience, it is a great car and I think the R32 GTR is fast becoming a classic, I dont really like the R33 but thats just me

Couple of mine

The 4 wheel drive system makes for a great launch and has better road handling than a supra, the build quality is not so good and the car is not as strong

I find the Skyline more practical however a GTR will be more expensive to look after and mod than a Supra in my experience, it is a great car and I think the R32 GTR is fast becoming a classic, I dont really like the R33 but thats just me

Couple of mine

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/tooquicktostop/13518372845.jpg

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww54/tooquicktostop/18516594949.jpg

Very nice motor you had :) I think its the look of the car which i prefer about the R33. i'l see though as nothings in stone yet. i'm just a bit put off by the front bumper of the r32, and the rear lights look like they are stuck on. see what i can find :)

jay are you increasing your post count by double posting :D

I would say 32, but personally if it was me i would save and get a 34 , love them

Tough choice, 33 is growing on me lately as long as it has the right kit (Nizmo etc I hate the VS crap) oh and clear headlights :p

Id love an R32 :)

BPU type mods are more difficult (expensive) than a Supra. ang for buck and reliability wise id say the Supra would come out on top :)

Perhaps try a GTS :)

ive never had a 4wd car before and i can now get insured on a skyline so i'l leave out rwd for a bit. i'd say rwd is more fun but we just dont get enough dry days to take full advantage of it :(

Id love an R32 :)

BPU type mods are more difficult (expensive) than a Supra. ang for buck and reliability wise id say the Supra would come out on top :)

Perhaps try a GTS :)

Worth noting the GTS is the NA of the Liner world and you are always left feeling slightly inadequate and wanting of a GTR, they are very different cars :)

It was running a JUN 2.7 stroker and T04Z turbo, 1000cc injectors, Fcon V Pro, HKS everything, nice car, savage power, 735BHP ;)

Wow! i'm impressed. just outta interest is it pretty much like the same as a supra in terms of how much the gtr can take on stock turbos. 400bhp tops? if say someone wanted to reach 500bhp? ;) or is it a single thing above 400bhp?

Wow! i'm impressed. just outta interest is it pretty much like the same as a supra in terms of how much the gtr can take on stock turbos. 400bhp tops? if say someone wanted to reach 500bhp? ;) or is it a single thing above 400bhp?

A BPU liner will make high 300's BUT the engine is not as strong as a Supra, they are not as easy to get BIG power, you will need a single for 500 TRUE bhp, this will be an expensive road, I would buy a trusted single from the owners club that has a good history, or contact Jurgen on here and get him to import you one

A BPU liner will make high 300's BUT the engine is not as strong as a Supra, they are not as easy to get BIG power, you will need a single for 500 TRUE bhp, this will be an expensive road, I would buy a trusted single from the owners club that has a good history, or contact Jurgen on here and get him to import you one

Well i'm budgeting around the 7-8k mark but prob could stretch to 9k. prob not enough for a single but a good r33 or a very good and fast r32.

9K would get you a very nice BPU, I would avoid a single at this price, will have issues that will be expensive to get right IMO ;)

Just looking on pistonheads and prices seem to be all over the place. few have around the high 400's to 500 bhp running on different turbos which seems to be a bit common rather than single. i'l have to do a lot of searching me thinks :)

Just looking on pistonheads and prices seem to be all over the place. few have around the high 400's to 500 bhp running on different turbos which seems to be a bit common rather than single. i'l have to do a lot of searching me thinks :)

unless you see a dyno print out from a trusted dyno I would ignore BHP figures, they are often made up as you well know !! ;)