The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine overheating

Homer

Have you recently had the coolant changed? Sounds a little bit like it hasn't been bled properly so the air locks are making their way round the system.

Hi Scott

Possibly about 6 weeks ago maybe two months ago when I fixed the core plugs and replaced the coolant and the heater wasn't working properly then. Not had a chance to sort that problem out as yet so could be the cause. Hope it's not the water pump from hell lol. Thanks for the reply :)

Edited by bens747 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Over a year later but think I found the problem today...

The needle is not on straight!

Had the car running on idle and diving it up and down my culdesac, it seems to be sitting about 2/3 of the way up the gauge all the time, it rock solid even after 30 minutes. The engine seems to be quite happy and the water is circulating, so can ony conclude the gauge is misreading due to the needle being on wrong.