The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it normal to get so angry with computer games?

TRACIE_LOU

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that i get gaming rage when i play with some mates, especialy on COD 4 online.

things that usualy set me off f-ing and blinding are things like people glitching or when every one runs past my team mates to get me (campaign) that really does my head in.

So far i havent broken anything but i'm sure it's only a matter of time :taped:

I'm 18 by the way.

When I was younger like 10 or 11, I used to be really bad...

If I got killed or lost in the game I lost my rag completely!

There was one time when I got SO angry with the game that I was playing that I felt something literally go pop in the back of my head and the pain was intense! :(

After that, I calmed right down because I thought I was dying or something haha :D

I must admit to having anger issue's, but i've only ever broken one controller, and that was playing World Touring Car's on the PS1, I hit it against the floor :rolleyes:. I tend to just switch them off nowaday's, (after shouting and swearing at the tele :D).

I get annoyed on some games, but I don't throw a temper tantrum, or damage my controller - mainly because I don't see how that would help. I'd just end up getting worked up and having a broken controller to replace! :p

I swear a bit, then turn the computer off, then watch TV, or do something else for a while until I'm calm enough to try again.

I don't get angry at 'losing' as such, I don't mind losing once in a while, you can't win all the time! :D But it's when the computer 'cheats' which annoys me! Losing fair and square I have no issues with, but losing because of an impossible situation or a bug, that gets me! :mad:

When he starts getting worked up, at whatever triggers him, take away the computer and let him calm down and regain his composure. Let him understad that he can try again when he's in a calmer state. Hopefully this will help him learn to control his temper and stop him exploding at anything that angers him!

Bringing up children can't be easy! But as Gav has already said, consistancy is the key. You're the pack leader, and the chain of command goes parents - children - pets, not children - parents pets! Or even children - pets - parents! :D

Shouting will show signs of weakness, that they're getting to you, remaining calm and in control of ANY situation shows signs of strength, which will ensure that they see you as incharge, and will respect you more as they will learn their place. It also helps with your confidence if you know you can just tell them straight in a calm voice like you can handle it no problem.

Hope you manage to sort this out! Hopefully before his teenage years start, then it may be too late to save him! :lol:

i cant say I have ever broken anything (im still using the first socom headset fgs!) but I do have a habit of cursing at the screen. Usually when killed by a person with no skill and they have to use a rocket launcher to blow me up rather than hit me with a bullet!

on a side note... why is always your mother they want to shag? I always confused em and asked for their dad! :D