The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Online poker is fixed !

Jake

I'm going to give up online poker. Shit like this just now happens way too much for it to be chance....

>veekay posted a small blind 150.

>SUPRA posted a big blind 300.

>KIMBO666 raised for 600.

>joyce1 folded

>dj1980 folded

>volcan0 folded

>veekay folded

>SUPRA called for 300.

>Dealing the flop (Js,4d,2s).

>SUPRA bet 1,200.

>KIMBO666 called for 1,200.

>Dealing the turn (7h).

>SUPRA has gone all in for 920.

>KIMBO666 called for 920.

>SUPRA showed Jh,Tc.

>KIMBO666 showed 8c,As.

>Dealing the river (Ah).

>SUPRA showed Jh,Tc.

>KIMBO666 showed 8c,As.

>KIMBO666 has won the hand (5,590) with Pair of Aces (8c,As,Js,7h,Ah)

>SUPRA has finished 40th

:banghead:

I'm all-in with Top Pair (J J) after the Turn, who the hell goes nearly all in (Kimbo had about 500 more chips than me at the start of the hand) with a Ace High (A 8 off-suit) with just the River to go?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Which site were you on fella? Online can seem like a right farce at times but I've settled with Pokerstars now as it seems the fairest to me. Can't beat a live game though TBH. The amount of times I've been exactly where you are now doesn't bear thinking about lol.

Edit: How long had you been playing? Maybe he just got the measure of you :)

Which site were you on fella?
SkyPoker
Edit: How long had you been playing? Maybe he just got the measure of you :)
Half hour maybe. Dunno what you mean about having the measure of me, I had the best hand and he had Ace high. I guess he just had a lucky punt and fluked the Ace he needed on the last card. Sit like this seems to happen an aweful lot though.

Do you really expect anyone to go through that card sequence and work it all out?!

:shrug: You'd have to be retarded not to be able to follow it. It's hardly complicated.

Hmmm fixed and online gaming and you in the same sentence...ironic...:D
Ironic how?

You'd have to be retarded not to be able to follow it. It's hardly complicated.

Then I'm a retard. Either that or I'm a lazy fcuk.

Anyway I just went through it, can't see anything bad, but yes he did get lucky on that last ace turning up. I have seen worse. Poker can be frustrating sometimes.

Doesn't 2 aces beat 2 jacks anyway. The odds of an ace being turned over is far greater than another jack, if there was only one ace dealt.

Yes 2 Aces beats 2x Jacks, but I already had two Jacks and put all my money in then he matched my bet, with there was only one more card to be turned over - even though he only had a single Ace.

SkyPokerHalf hour maybe. Dunno what you mean about having the measure of me, I had the best hand and he had Ace high. I guess he just had a lucky punt and fluked the Ace he needed on the last card. Sit like this seems to happen an aweful lot though.

I do feel your pain mate, but at the end of the day it's all luck-orientated isn't it? I've been in a hand before where 2 people had full houses and one had 4 of a kind. Luckily I folded, but that was live so we couldn't blame the software :D

There was a hand in the WPT last year where a guy went all-in with 4 aces and got beat but a royal flush. It could always be worse! Hope you didn't lose much.

Yes 2 Aces beats 2x Jacks, but I already had two Jacks and put all my money in then he matched my bet, with there was only one more card to be turned over - even though he only had a single Ace.

Happens to me all the time, I have a full house with a Q7 in my hand and the other bloke has QT and the cards are dealt 7QQ3T.

Its all down to luck I fear.

Jake's point is that the winning player only had an ace high before the final card was turned up, and had bet a LOT up until that point. Why would anyone bet so crazy on just an ace? Perhaps he was just bluffing, and got lucky when the final ace was drawn.

SO, a web application which has full visibility of all players hands _might_ be hosting a 'bot to scoop the pot for the house, which is in the business of making money. Lets face it, it's bound to happen. Maybe not all the time, but it's easy money for the host site.

Agreed, its fixed. Last night I won a 20c tournament, won 10$. Today i've not won a single hand. Just keep getting dealt mid cards. This is the second time i've won something, then the following few days it just rapes your winnings off you.

many more hands are played online so bad beats will crop up more often. i still cant understand why people say its fixed, fixed for who? the other guy who won?

i just stick with PL Omaha these days and only cash games, never any tournaments or sit and goes. i find it much easier to win more money playing omaha rather than texas.

back to the 'fixed' bit heres a hand described excactly how it was played by my mate (marc) at a live cash table last week...

blinds £1/£1

everybody folds

small blind raises to £5

marc (big blind) calls

flop - 9c As 2c

small blind bets £10

marc raises £30

big blind re raises £60

marc goes all in for a further £80

big blind calls.

both turn cards over and marc shows Ac 6c (top pair plus nut flush draw)

small blind shows Qc Jc (no pair and lower flushdraw)

at this point other people on the table made a point of saying what they had folded and 3 Queens had been folded leaving only 3 remaining jacks to save the small blinds hand....

turn - Jd

river - Js!!!!

small blind wins with a set. if that had happend on line there would have been all sorts of fix accusations.

No, just fixed against you if you have been doing well previously.

but it doesnt benefit the poker site at all as theyve had your money whe you register and have the rake in cash games. i dont know about others (although the more experiencedplayers would agree with me) but if i take one or two bad beats in a session i have a break for a few days. this then is lowering the amount the site makes off me as im not gona be playing as often.

the one thing i do notice though is that most people tend to remember theyre bad luck much more than theyre good luck.

but it doesnt benefit the poker site at all as they've had your money whe you register and have the rake in cash games.

............it would be interesting to know how these sites are regulated/audited as there is a chance that all 'players' may not be Jake, you or I sat home...........if you see what i mean.