The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Google UK street view is here

hogmaw

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example: I had a trainer in Arizona for a while (he was in Arizona, I was in the UK, he would monitor my gym progress via phone and internet)..

Did you used to compete at Body Building Tann? I know it's a total thread hijack but was just wondering.

My brother is into Body Building in a big way and swears to me he has 20" guns! He keeps putting off entering a comp though as his legs aren't good enough. He seriously believes that when he does enter he will win the British Adult title! :D

If you did compete I was gonna ask to see some pics of you, although it's probably the wrong thread to ask that in! ;)

The fact that there is already a website pointing out 'interesting' sightings sums up my feelings on it! For instance 3 or 4 pics down is the pic of someones car and it's location stating that it's fully loaded and he may use an iPod to listen to his music. Sort of enciting people to go smash his windows in the hope of gain from theft.

Sites like this are bound to spring up perving on people, laughing at people and so on and so forth. Essentially, due to being caught on camera in a compromising pose or whatever, you could rocket to internet fame and never live it down. You know how fast things can spread on the internet.

Too right it's an invasion of privacy if you ask me nothing to do with being full of self importance or whatever claptrap people want to spout.

http://www.gstreetsightings.com/

It just shows how powerful google have become tbh, first they monitor all your searches on the web, and store them, creating a kind of profile of who you are and what your into.

Then it was google earth, now they are out taking photos of your town/houses, Is it just me or is this very orwellian.

It is sold as a good idea, but things always are, sorry to go all conspiracist, but what are they getting out of this massive investment, they know about your searches, now they can see where you live, soon they will be reporting you for putting up things with out planning permission, or knocking on your door asking if they can photograph inside.

:rolleyes:

It just shows how powerful google have become tbh, first they monitor all your searches on the web, and store them, creating a kind of profile of who you are and what your into.

Then it was google earth, now they are out taking photos of your town/houses, Is it just me or is this very orwellian.

It is sold as a good idea, but things always are, sorry to go all conspiracist, but what are they getting out of this massive investment, they know about your searches, now they can see where you live, soon they will be reporting you for putting up things with out planning permission, or knocking on your door asking if they can photograph inside.

:rolleyes:

Probably the most paranoid post yet, and there have been a few. :rolleyes:

:eyebrows:

not paraniod at all, just a free thinking opinion, ;). but you probably like massive companies with lots of power.

Nothing could be further than the truth, I've been running my own business for 20 years in direct competition with the big boys, and in my own little way I run rings around them, which I enjoy immensely.

Have a read through what you wrote again, and tell me that 'Google wanting to take pics of the inside of your home' etc etc doesn't reek of paranoia

Nothing could be further than the truth, I've been running my own business for 20 years in direct competition with the big boys, and in my own little way I run rings around them, which I enjoy immensely.

Well mate i take my hat off to you for that, i only support small/ local firms. :)

my comment was just a statement on saying how far will it go, sorry if you think it is paranoid, but in truth i personally think google are getting too powerful/influencial. I co work and write for an alternative media outlet, and we put our vids on youtube as a matter of course, since the google buyout, they have been sensoring not only our channels,and suspending view counters and ratings. which shows they dont play ball. All to stop certain opinions from making it out to the general public.

Hence the youtube blackout back in december where over 10million boycotted youtube and google.

i am not a paranioid person bud.:)

• 4 months later...

Looks like they are moving off the roads and onto the paths now:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/odd-tricycle-mapping-paris-streets-for-google/article1244620/

I really like Streetview, they should do inside buildings and houses too, maybe sewers as well.

Someone did something similar of my old school, quite interesting to go in and look around again (for me anyway):

http://www.chrisdavey.co.uk/egs/html/road.html

Looks like they are moving off the roads and onto the paths now:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/odd-tricycle-mapping-paris-streets-for-google/article1244620/

I really like Streetview, they should do inside buildings and houses too, maybe sewers as well.

Someone did something similar of my old school, quite interesting to go in and look around again (for me anyway):

http://www.chrisdavey.co.uk/egs/html/road.html

Rubbish, the only room I wanted to see just gives me a red X..

The luxurious 6th form common room

Bah Humbug..

Rubbish, the only room I wanted to see just gives me a red X..

The luxurious 6th form common room

Bah Humbug..

I would have liked to see in there too, it was an old gym when I left, the location of many punishing hours of torture. Our 6th form common room was far from luxurious.