The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Google UK street view is here

hogmaw

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why I suggested people don't put their cars and addresses on the pics they post on this owners club :)

Yup, agreed that's a good move. I was commenting on the people thinking this would put their car at risk of being stolen, which I seriously doubt :)

What purpose does it serve though? Apart from spying on people (depending on how often it updates)?

Its purpose is to show you in advance how somewhere looks in real life, rather than having to use your imagination from a map or diagram.

How does it spy on people exactly? It's just still images that you would see just as if you were there yourself, and which were taken last summer by the looks of things.

Its purpose is to show you in advance how somewhere looks in real life, rather than having to use your imagination from a map or diagram.

How does it spy on people exactly? It's just still images that you would see just as if you were there yourself, and which were taken last summer by the looks of things.

You could do that before this 'upgrade' though with Aerial views and Birds-Eye view, this is taking it 1 step too far IMO. I don't know why, but it just doesn't sit quite right with me.

It took me two minutes to go from feeling how cool and awesome it was to thinking that it is unbelievably invasive. Soon, you'll be able to put someone's name and postcode into Google and watch a live streaming HD video of them having a dump.

It's a birthday present for every burglar, nutjob, pervert and just plain nosey f*cker in the land.

It took me two minutes to go from feeling how cool and awesome it was to thinking that it is unbelievably invasive. Soon, you'll be able to put someone's name and postcode into Google and watch a live streaming HD video of them having a dump.

It's a birthday present for every burglar, nutjob, pervert and just plain nosey f*cker in the land.

How so? Anyone can see the front of your house simply by walking past.

I feel the same about car number plates. Its not as though you can hide them whilst driving.

My town isn't on there yet, but I doubt my car will be on there, as its normally hidden behind something either at work, or at home, but I don't care. Much. ;)

It's not like you to be neurotic and paranoid?!

That's true, but that means that they have to visit the location in order to do so. Instead, anyone with a computer and your address can take a good old gander into your front room.

For example: I had a trainer in Arizona for a while (he was in Arizona, I was in the UK, he would monitor my gym progress via phone and internet). I was interested in what sort of a living he made from his business, so I looked his house up on Google Earth and found he had quite a big house. Idle curiosity on my part that allows me to find out something that's none of my damn business. But this program is a hundred times worse - now I can go and literally look up his drive and into his house. Maybe he will be in the picture!

I guess what I object to is how literally anyone who has a computer - potentially billions of people - can now taske a good old peek at your lifestyle, your neighbours, your neighbourhood, what kind of car you have, how secure your property is, whether you have double glazing, when you last cut your lawn - etc.