The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guess the price...

Gaz6002

I don't understand why it would be worth more than it was originally - especially in a recession and the fact its an ex race car with thus probably high mileage for the car it is.

A Mclaren F1 is a stunning car but like an xj220 I just don't see it being a collectors car, it's more a status symbol. Plus I don't recall it selling like hot cakes - for those reasons - I'd say £800k-£1mill MAX. Anyone who pays more than that has an incredible amount of money and doesn't care or has a few brain cells missing imo.

I don't understand why it would be worth more than it was originally - especially in a recession and the fact its an ex race car with thus probably high mileage for the car it is.

A Mclaren F1 is a stunning car but like an xj220 I just don't see it being a collectors car, it's more a status symbol. Plus I don't recall it selling like hot cakes - for those reasons - I'd say £800k-£1mill MAX. Anyone who pays more than that has an incredible amount of money and doesn't care or has a few brain cells missing imo.

Do you follow this particular racing? :blink:

If i had the exact amount of money this was going for, id buy it :D

I'm struggling to put into words quite how wrong you are. The Maclaren F1 is still one of the best cars ever built, even compared to the Veyron etc. It may not have the all-out grunt, but makes up for it in the twisties. Why do you think they gave Lewis Hamilton one for winning the F1 last year? He got the first one ever built. I mean it's got a gold-plated engine bay as standard FFS! Hardcore just isn't the word. Oh, and how many have you seen on the road? I've seen loads of XJ220s.

My guess is that this car will sell for around £2m. Worth every penny for a GTR version with such pedigree.

I'm struggling to put into words quite how wrong you are. The Maclaren F1 is still one of the best cars ever built, even compared to the Veyron etc. It may not have the all-out grunt, but makes up for it in the twisties. Why do you think they gave Lewis Hamilton one for winning the F1 last year? He got the first one ever built. I mean it's got a gold-plated engine bay as standard FFS! Hardcore just isn't the word. Oh, and how many have you seen on the road? I've seen loads of XJ220s.

My guess is that this car will sell for around £2m. Worth every penny for a GTR version with such pedigree.

I've seen a mclaren f1 on the road as many times as an xj220.

And I am more than aware about lewis hamilton wanting one and being promised one if he won a season. Just because Lewis Hamilton loves it and adores it, doesn't define if a car is super special. Sorry, but maybe I am missing the logic in your example. By that logic Michael Schumacher commented the EB110 was the best car he had ever driven at one point and Aryton Senna the NSX. That doesn't make them worth x million.

I am still not convinced tbh, be interesting to know how much it goes for. And yes I am also aware of its technological gadgetery etc. etc. Still think a baffoon would pay $2 million for it in a recession with it being a raced example with high mileage - or a person with more money than sense. Thats my 2 cents.

I've seen a mclaren f1 on the road as many times as an xj220.

And I am more than aware about lewis hamilton wanting one and being promised one if he won a season. Just because Lewis Hamilton loves it and adores it, doesn't define if a car is super special. Sorry, but maybe I am missing the logic in your example. By that logic Michael Schumacher commented the EB110 was the best car he had ever driven at one point and Aryton Senna the NSX. That doesn't make them worth x million.

I am still not convinced tbh, be interesting to know how much it goes for. And yes I am also aware of its technological gadgetery etc. etc. Still think a baffoon would pay $2 million for it in a recession with it being a raced example with high mileage - or a person with more money than sense. Thats my 2 cents.

I'm shocked you've seen as many of these on the road TBH... I live fairly near the Maclaren factory and have only seen one. XJ220s are quite popular around here.

The fact that it's been raced by an F1 legend adds value to the car IMO. It doesn't matter about high mileage really because these cars are so studiously maintained. It's more of a credit to the car if it's still going after all the abuse it's taken.

FWIW, I'd love to see this go up against an XJ220 at a proper track... there will only ever be one winner :)