The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na Supra turbo Conversion Help Please?

Guest wln7844

its ok, no i havent. would be interested to see how it does. im not quite tt bpu but a set of 440 injectors up the boost a little and she would be away. It does have the TT head gasket on to drop the compression...

goes well, really pulls. also with the 5 speed anything over 80 in top gear and just stick your toe down. what turbo you got? this has a T4 t61 rapid spool...

yea i have the t4 t61 it hits full boost at 3500rpm, im still on the standard compression so the throttle is sharp ands as you said mine goers from 80-150 verry quickly

• 2 years later...

Thread is two years old, maybe they never use to list them.

Yes they are talking about this kit, its not a full kit, i dont see any IC pipes for a start.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2JZGE-single-Turbo-Conversion-2JZ-450-550WHP-Kit-/290503449358?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a35adb0e

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

i messaged them about the IC pipes a while back. you'd have to do what jekyl done and get a universal kit and cut it where required.

oil lines will need replacing as apparently they are PANTS.

if enough people are interested in this maybe its worth a group buy? i want more power and if its worth it def be up for it.

i messaged them about the IC pipes a while back. you'd have to do what jekyl done and get a universal kit and cut it where required.

oil lines will need replacing as apparently they are PANTS.

if enough people are interested in this maybe its worth a group buy? i want more power and if its worth it def be up for it.

Id not go the xs power route if i was you, If you want na-t on a budget my advise would be go with DaveH's boostwerx kit, its cheap and rated to fit and perform well by many on supraforums, its not a full kit again but a very good start.

http://www.boostwerx.com/turbo_kits.html

He also makes a rather nice intake manifold for the na-t.

http://www.boostwerx.com/manifolds.html

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• 4 years later...
Guest Antong831

can you supply where this kit was purchased from and if they still do it now ?

i found a kit from - http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-2370.html

who claim they increase bhp to 364hp and 315lb torque at 0.5 bar boost.

they are asking for £2700ish but if you can get alot cheaper would want to look at that :)

hi , i did a na-t conversion and im verry glad i did. i chose to go for a bugit xspower kit that comes with 98% of the hardware you need minus a few small cheap parts that you can pick up from any good hardware store and the hole lot came to around £850 with shipping from the us.

appart from the actual car parts you will need some soprt of fuel management system that can also stop the mapm sensor from cutiing the fuel. i chose the greddy emanage as i could pik it up for £150 including the greddy map sensor, suport tool and sortware for the pc, if you are not up 2 speed with mapping on a pc someone who is comes in verry handy.

i found that once the turbo was installed and the car was tuned the clutch could not handle the extra power so invested in a higher qulity clutch at £250.

Now the car is running buetifully and can comfortably out sprint my dads standard manual jspec tt altho many on here will argue , we did the tests and found the results .

it has been converted for around 6 months and i have had no reliablity issues (that i havent caused) with the kit or the car and im happy i did it .

now the whoile kit and conversion cost me around £1400. I baught the car for £2500 and its a manual so thats £3900 for a verry nice looking fast manual 300bhp+car . i dont think you could buy a tt for this price in any type or tidy condition , so as as far as im concerned this was a verry good way of goin on a tight buget. i know the tt has an lsd and better brakes but these are all thing i can add wen money permits, in the mean time it great fun to drive and it allways makes me smile ,

if you do decide to go for it feel free 2 pm me and ill give you any info from my expreience i can ,

• 5 months later...
Guest iamneallyons
the boostwerx kit looks good. heard good things about it too

i know this is old news, but how did your kit stand the test of time?

temped to buy a n/a manual supra and convert it to turbo if its do-able/affordable.

anybody else got any info on where to buy the kit etc?

i know this is old news, but how did your kit stand the test of time?

temped to buy a n/a manual supra and convert it to turbo if its do-able/affordable.

anybody else got any info on where to buy the kit etc?

Boostwerx site looks like it's closed down. NA-T conversion is certainly doable but I would only do it if you are prepared to spend the money on quality parts, I'd perhaps get in touch with Paul at Whifbitz about their kit http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-2370.html