The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ran the Bath half marathon today

jaymdee

Ran all 13.1 miles without stopping and my mate and I actually got faster as the event went on. total running time was approx 2 hours, maybe a minute or 2 either way. We also caught up with the group which started 5 or 6 mins before us.

Don't know what time of the guy who 'won' but he went past us at a terrific speed, so I guess he was on for approx 1 hour for the whole thing:taped:

When I crossed the line I had a real sense of achievement. I know it's only a half marathon, but I've never done something like that before, so was very pleased :p

Well done mate, a great achievement.

13.1miles doesnt sound much but i did one about 10 years ago and i know how hard they are. I was super fit at the time, with good allround fitness and managed 1Hr 49mins. At the finish (get this), i ate (you wont believe it) 12 mars bars, one after another. I have never experienced hunger like it at the finish line.

I bet your hungrey now ?

Thats good effort mate, i did one just before Christmas, so i would think your legs are feeling it today aren't they??? so is this the start to getting into some serious running, i went this morning, its lovely now the light mornings are here, certainly beats the 06:30 winter runs!!

Hope you keep up the distance now!

Richie

I know it's only a half marathon, but I've never done something like that before, so was very pleased :p

Hey, a half marathon is a fair whack! :yes: Being able to run that non-stop puts you firmly in the minority of people. I run a bit (just casual, no club running), but I currently don't have the stamina to do that non-stop.