The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage tidy up

Dnk

Are the coil packs in v.good condition with no cracks around the screws anywhere and no little misfires at idle? If so I am interested :)

ALso interested in those trim bits as well - pm me what you're after please.

I'll have a close look at the coilpacks today, my car did have a missfire so all the coilpacks were changed but think it more likely that it was the connectors causing the problem as they were falling apart but i'd already bought new cp's so fitted them.

OK great - thanks. I'll take the trim bits anyway as long as you are not after silly money :D

Do you have any other parts of those stock trims?

Afraid i cant find the other parts so god knows where they went.

pm'd you price

£100 for the trim pieces

£70 for the airbox and lower intake piece

£50 for the coilpacks (sold)

I will have a look at them today as i didnt get chance yesterday, please note that my car did have a small missfire.

Also these are the original cp's off my car and done 100k approx and are 15 years old.

I dived in the deep end a replaced all of them but when i replaced them i found the connectors were falling apart so also fitted new ones, to be honest im not sure if i had a coilpack breaking down or was it just the connectors causing the problem.

was the missfire on boost? Mine has a miss on idle so im only looking to rule out coilpacks with these.

Yes mine was on boost.

Have you checked the coilpack connectors yet, they get very brittle and fall apart.

Ok thanks, gotta be quick in this place haha.

Been there myself :)

See if you can get a local owner near to yourself with a car running with no missfires and swap the coilpacks then youd know for sure if its these causing the problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.