The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swap Mr2 Turbo Tbar For N/a Supra

MattP

;)hi got my mr2 turbo t bar 1992 up for grabs its in excellent condition about 240 bhp cat back stainless strut bars induction cone filter and alloys are about as much as it modified got loads of spares to go with the car just looking for a change as my mates just got a supra na auto and i love it so thats y really its done near enuf 86k miles

Hmm tempting, I always wanted an engine behind my head but dont think I could swap my soop thou Good luck with search thou.

tis rather strange hearing the turbo behind your left ear haha

an experience to be had but as with most cars becomes routine so swap swap

Just for reference this car is not cheap insurance i understand it varys obviously but i was offered £200 refund from my £1500 a year premium if i swapped my mr2 for a 1994 na silver auto no mods apart from alloys declared just to give anyone a idea of insurance i am 19 though so its high to start with my 2 years no claims first car being a 1.8 freelander 03 plate it was shit lol stay away dodgy k series engine and i still have my 2.0 na mr2 g limited which is costing me £700 a year.

as from waht i can gather its something like this

supra turbo j spec is group 19

supra n/a j spec is group 16 of 20

mr2 turbo j spec is group 18 of 20

mr2 n/a j spec is 14 to 15 depends on model apparently diffo engines

its been converted but the clock still records in kms so its near 86k miles its the same in my n/a mr2 im just looking for a straight swap really the turbo is in perfect working order full standard boost to raise boost it would be easiest to get a manual boost valve and a decat probs best get a stainles manifold and decat together as there about 175 inc postage on ebay done job

the engine is in perfect order was quiet before fitting the exhuast lol i had woodsport look it over the day i bought it paul woods was impressed with the car which is a compliment none the less

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.