Godmutha

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck!!

I thought that this costed about a grand at the most??

H.

Per eye...

There are different proceedures, if I get it done I'll only have the best as you have just 1 pair of eyes and I don't want to be plagued by star effects at night and other wierd things you can be left with from the cheaper options.

The very best systems are used to give people better than 20:20 vision by correcting the imperfections of nature. Tiger Woods had it done, even though he had 20:20 vision to start with!

The very best of luck Lucy!

I especially like the use of the 'blink' smiley. That'll be you at the end of today! :D

Nice to see, to see you nice. :)

Don't worry too much about the surgery. An ex-boss of mine had that done in the mid-nineties, and his was fine, but nowadays the procedure is far less intrusive, so should be completely comfortable.

Unfortunately, he went a bit mad eventually, so I don't know if the laser went further into his head than it should've, so enjoy your mental state while you still can! ;)

I know quite a few people who have had this done and they've paid no where near the money Alex mentions, who've had no problems.

I've also spoke to someone at work who was looking at the options who I think did for the more expensive option as per Alex's post.

I've also been thinking about getting it done myself, my only concern would be the cost over time, as dont you have to go back every 10 years to get them checked/re-done?

Good luck too! :)

I know quite a few people who have had this done and they've paid no where near the money Alex mentions, who've had no problems.

I've also spoke to someone at work who was looking at the options who I think did for the more expensive option as per Alex's post.

I've also been thinking about getting it done myself, my only concern would be the cost over time, as dont you have to go back every 10 years to get them checked/re-done?

Good luck too! :)

Guy in my work got it done as did my Dad. The guy in the work got the modern treatment and had no pain whatsoever and his eyes are mint now. My Dad could only get the modern surgery done in one eye as he has cataract implants. One of the implants was slightly out and would have thrown the laser off so they didn't want to risk it..... or something like that.

Wasn't the best op for my Dad as they had to cut back the flesh part of the pupil rather than just dissolve it but he came through it and now his long vision is perfect. Still needs glasses for short though which i found strange.

Oh, the guy in the work told me that it should last around 10 years. Some people need it re-done, some don't. Depends how much your eyes adjust. If they are constantly deteriorating then they will continue.

Guys if you can post up WHO the treatment was with I'll re investigate, I want it done, but I want the bells and whistles version - I have assumed that prices would come down in the recession but haven't been back to check yet - it would be good to see some real life quotes (company and proceedure details please) so that I can be armed with that so they don't take the pee!

Any help appreciated. BTW my quote started at £1450 per eye!!! I got them down to 1320 LOL after she had phoned the banker!? :blink:

This was for Lasik Waveform from Optical Express in Norwich. (Laser flap cut, then the laser cuts a your eye based on your individual requirements (waveform) to knock out all of nature's imperfections...the other versions are based on templates closest to your perscription (for me -4.25 correction) which are only accurate to .25 of a diopter. The Waverform is accurate to your eye to 0.01... and having the laser cut the flap is better too for halo effects (you don't have them) and healing time.

they say (they being the government) that the problem rate on laser eye surgery is far higher than any other operation that is done on the NHS. So much so that they were looking to bring in some legislation on it.

Now I trust the government to always know what they are doing and tell us the truth (like as if), but I have never heard of a single person having problems with laser eye surgery. Im sure there are some out there, but almost everybody I know that had it done followed the rules afterwards and had perfect eye sight.

I may give it a go in the next few years, but they keep bringing out newer and safer ways to do it so Im waiting to see where it ends up.

Guys if you can post up WHO the treatment was with I'll re investigate, I want it done, but I want the bells and whistles version - I have assumed that prices would come down in the recession but haven't been back to check yet - it would be good to see some real life quotes (company and proceedure details please) so that I can be armed with that so they don't take the pee!

Any help appreciated. BTW my quote started at £1450 per eye!!! I got them down to 1320 LOL after she had phoned the banker!? :blink:

This was for Lasik Waveform from Optical Express in Norwich. (Laser flap cut, then the laser cuts a your eye based on your individual requirements (waveform) to knock out all of nature's imperfections...the other versions are based on templates closest to your perscription (for me -4.25 correction) which are only accurate to .25 of a diopter. The Waverform is accurate to your eye to 0.01... and having the laser cut the flap is better too for halo effects (you don't have them) and healing time.

I think my Dad's costs were similar, i think he ended up paying £2200, that was with one eye getting the bells and whistles treatment.

I think the guy in my work was Optical Express also, i'll find out what he paid.