The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Irish Guards

_Shane_

Heard this on the radio recently :p:p

Only in ireland i would say lol

Will the real "Prawo Jazdy" please stand up

Irish garda have solved the mystery of a Polish recidivist who clocked up 50 traffic offences on different addresses and who was never caught, after one officer noticed his name meant driving license in Polish.

An internal garda memo cited by Irish papers on Thursday said officers taking details of Polish traffic offenders had been mistakenly using "Prawo Jazdy," printed in the top right corner of the driving license, as the holder's name.

"Prawo Jazdy is actually the Polish for driving license and not the first and surname on the license," the garda memo dated June 2007 said. "It is quite embarrassing to see the system has created Prawo Jazdy as a person with over 50 identities."

Well, as quite a few Polish people are heading back to Poland I'd say its better over there :D

And yes, the driving licence is a similar layout to ours and has everythign translated.... even I can't get it wrong :shock:

I'll have to try that one to get my figures up though :rlol: