The mkiv Supra Owners Club

People who exercise frequently. A question.....

RedM

The endorphins released while running is something your body gets used to on a daily basis - welcome to slight withdrawl ;)

Exactly right, that's why I get grumpy whilst eating kebabs and drinking whilst trying to do a series of 24 in a day, because I want some of those dolphins...

Like was said before it's possible that things in your life (like this forum) get you annoyed and slightly down. Look at other things in your life, what is contributing to your slightly negative mood, and try and find different ways of dealing with them.

So often but not always is our reaction to things that needs to be changed rather than the things themselves, as life will always throw annoying and slightly depressing things at us.

Physical exercise is proven to lift mood, albeit temporarily. I hear the sense of what you are saying about it feeling fake or like an addiction; but we are very much physical beings too and need that stimulus to help achieve overall health and wellbeing.

I feel behind your question is something like: "Is it ok to be addicted to a healthy thing like running?".

Physical exercise is proven to lift mood, albeit temporarily.

I've recently started going the gym / swimming etc regularly and I've never felt better, even when I know I would normally be feeling down and depressed. I would argue that it's not just a "temporary" thing.

I've recently started going the gym / swimming etc regularly and I've never felt better, even when I know I would normally be feeling down and depressed. I would argue that it's not just a "temporary" thing.

it's not a temporary thing, the "high" lasts a few hours but the best thing is stress relief... also the frequency/volume of exercise plays a big part :)

it's not a temporary thing, the "high" lasts a few hours but the best thing is stress relief... also the frequency/volume of exercise plays a big part :)

Couldn't agree more with that! :)

And less stress results in generally having more energy and motivation to do things like washing up, which goes down well with the gf :D