The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox died!! Looks like I'm back on here then..!!

Havard

I had that error a while ago. Rang up xbox support they said that it was out of warranty (had it since Jan 06 or something) but i said that the warranty had been extended for all xboxs for 3 years. Apparantly thats only for the 3 red lights. So would cost me £60. Sod that. Hung up, rang back, yeah 3 red lights, sent it away didnt pay a penny. Best thing was they gave us a new one :) they dont check the machines. That was the 3rd time it had broken :(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I have both now :)

To be honest I'm having to 'learn to love' the PS3 - the XBox OS is better, cleaner, clearer and it's not full of useless jargon and baffling settings as the PS3 is.

XBox live is a lot better than the Playstation Network too. It has a friend list, but trying to get around it is a bit of a pain. Again the XBox is just better designed. I don't think you can get HD movies on demand from PSN? XBox has had that for about a year now..

I agree. And XBox isn't waiting there ready to pounce with updates every time you turn it on!

Ok then, bit of an update......:D

After a bit or arguing with Microsoft and Blockbuster Video who sold me the Xbox they have agreed to replace my Xbox with a new one......:) I spoke to trading standards and they gave me some advice that has probably affected the outcome.

Apparently my contract of sale with Blockbuster means that they have offer a replacement or free repair under the sale of good act. Blockbuster don't repair them, so they must give me a new one.....lol.

I'll be back on line Thursday.....woot!!

H.

And in the meantime have you got a good supply of Lemsip? :)

Good to know that you've got it sorted.

The boy hasplayed a blinder on this one. I didn't want a "refurbed" console coming back from Microsoft so I decided to play the legal game......:sly:

Give the girl at Blockbuster Wigan her due, she held her own for a couple of calls but then she must have had advice from her head office who I also rang.....:eyebrows::)

H.

Or to save you all the hassle,

Buy a superior console AKA the PS3 and never have this problem again.

Yeah it has a few updates every now and again but at least you dont have to pay to play online can watch blueray dvd's on it.:p

Have instant access to the internet (and if you dont like the OS than change it! it isnt hard):taped:

You can easily update the hard drive and the settings are easy to navigate, just use common sense, there is plenty of info out there:search:

If i can do it any muppet can:D

Or to save you all the hassle,

Buy a superior console AKA the PS3 and never have this problem again.

Yeah it has a few updates every now and again but at least you dont have to pay to play online can watch blueray dvd's on it.:p

Have instant access to the internet (and if you dont like the OS than change it! it isnt hard):taped:

You can easily update the hard drive and the settings are easy to navigate, just use common sense, there is plenty of info out there:search:

If i can do it any muppet can:D

But the online gameplay is not as good and that is all I do.....;)

H.

But the online gameplay is not as good and that is all I do.....;)

H.

How do you work that out?

I go online with cod 4, grid etc compete against people all over the world in real time, have a laugh and a giggle talking to some of them including all my mates

and ive never had a problem

Hows it not as good?

Ive played pes09, cod loads online and never had a problem.

How do you work that out?

I go online with cod 4, grid etc compete against people all over the world in real time, have a laugh and a giggle talking to some of them including all my mates

and ive never had a problem

I just thought that it was the general concensus. There are loads of threads on here arguing about which is "best" but the online argument is always thrown in....:D

I have never seen the PS3 but I have read loads on t'internet. I suppose you have to try them both and not trust other peoples opinions....:rolleyes:

Ahh well, come Thursday I should be back on COD4 and giving them yankees a good kicking.....:D

H.

I always though that the Xbox had better online play ability H, but since getting a PS3 as well and trying them side by side (literally using the screen split function on my plasma) I haven't noticed any different! Surely a man of your means would have a spare 360 and ps3 just in case ;) :D

I always though that the Xbox had better online play ability H, but since getting a PS3 as well and trying them side by side (literally using the screen split function on my plasma) I haven't noticed any different! Surely a man of your means would have a spare 360 and ps3 just in case ;) :D

I did nearly buy a "spare" yesterday but Mrs H gave me an evil look and that was the end of that. My argument that it was cheaper than a 996 Turbo fell on deaf ears.....:rolleyes::D

H.

I did nearly buy a "spare" yesterday but Mrs H gave me an evil look and that was the end of that. My argument that it was cheaper than a 996 Turbo fell on deaf ears.....:rolleyes::D

H.

LOL :D Well when it happens again and if you're a bit stuck you can always borrow mine don't get to play it much these days :innocent:

Dont listen to 'em Havard. Ive gone through a few but the latest one Ive got has lasted over a year! We know its the best console for gamong ;)

That comment in itself sums up the problem. If I get another failure then I'll be getting rid. I can't stand unreliable things.....:(

I love the games and the online experience but I am disappointed with the Microsoft warranty system. I could have sent back my 10 month old console and got a 3+ year old one in exchange.....:blink: I have also been reading about the problems a lot of people have had with repairs and exchanges..!!

Not looking good from my point of view..!! Is there anyone that hasn't had a failed 360??

H.

Is there anyone that hasn't had a failed 360??

Yep, me... which is probably why I'm the guardian of all things 360 on here :D I've had a trouble freee XBox experience for nearly three years now.

I got the 'intercooler' more or less as soon as I got it.. I can't say it's the secret to long and happy Xboxing, but it seems to have worked for me :)

Guest AustinSupra
Gutted.....:(

Got a single red light and an E 74 code on the screen. 10 months old and fooked.....:blink:

Anyone else had this?? I now have to scan and e-mail a copy of my purchase receipt to Microsoft as they reckon the warranty ran out last month!

Bought it in May 08 though.

H.

Check ebay for repair kit

Ive had one of those on all my 'boxes Mike, and one of them failed. The other one was banned off Xbox live *ahem* The current box has been fine, its a newer one with the HDMI connection. So far so good.

Have we worked out where the chav thing comes from?