The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox died!! Looks like I'm back on here then..!!

Havard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941377

Done a bit of searching and the consencus is its overheating. Where is it located?

It's in a corner in the coolest room in the house. It's just lied on it's side in the open. I can't possibly see how it's overheating?? It's not as if it's stuck between other electrical equipment??

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

I'm using a HDMI cable that I bought last week. It doesn't seem to matter what cable I use, the single red light comes on after about 20 secs!!

H - you can borrow mine if you want - its sat there doing nothing as i have just bought killzone 2 for my ps3

You are a good man Rob....:D I think I'll just decorate my kitchen instead......;)

H.

I have plenty spare wires/cables/etc if you need any ?

Thanks mate but I have just tried it again with the AV cable as opposed to the HDMi cable and it's made no difference. I just get a black screen with E-74 and contact xbox support. The red light is lower left actually......:innocent:

H.

Its the difference between microsoft repairing it under warranty and not. my xbox was bought in 2007.

I understand that but I thought that it may have given a clue to what the issue is.

Basically my Xbox is Ruuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:(

H.

I understand that but I thought that it may have given a clue to what the issue is.

Basically my Xbox is Ruuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:(

H.

It is a heat issue of sorts as before mine started crashing i got all sorts of artifcats and distorted graphics on the screen then it locked up.

I just remembered the extended warranty was for the specific issue and as the xbox was fubared anyway i didn't see the harm in creating the conditions for 3 red lights.

tell me again why XBOX is better than PS3?

coz im just not seeing it

Well... I have both now :)

To be honest I'm having to 'learn to love' the PS3 - the XBox OS is better, cleaner, clearer and it's not full of useless jargon and baffling settings as the PS3 is.

Killzone 2 is nice, but the average person would spot the bits a gamer would see to know this - GOW2 is still a much nicer looking and much nicer 'playing' game by a mile in my view. I'm sure 'Official Playstation Magazine' would disagree with me :rolleyes:

XBox live is a lot better than the Playstation Network too. It has a friend list, but trying to get around it is a bit of a pain. Again the XBox is just better designed. I don't think you can get HD movies on demand from PSN? XBox has had that for about a year now..

I have Prologue and (as I say) KZ2 and I've just ordered Little Big Planet. When I find Metal Gear Solid and Motorstorm 2 for a reasonable amount I'll no doubt pick them up.... but... that's it.. there are no other games for it!?

If I had to stick with one I'd probably keep the XBox... yeah, it's a bit noisy, but I can live with that. I've had mine for nearly three years now and (touch wood) I've never seen the red circle of death.

btw three red quadrants means you're cables aren't plugged in properly ;)

I have no idea where this 'chav' thing comes from with Xboxes - is it because the PS3 costs more so PS3 people think they're somehow better?

H - stick with the XBox mate :)

Don't enjoy it too much more than your XBOX! :)

Did you try Grid yet?

Nope... can't decide which console to buy it for now :p

It's on the list... I've got Assassins Creed to get through after KZ2.. they're stacking up!

I have read that mate. It's still under warranty so it's just going back. Once it's out of warranty, I'll get Dannosupra to fix it......:D

You've finally killed it H, It's nothing to do with you being on it 24/7 is it mate:p

I think Vicky has sabotaged it to get the kitchen decorated :innocent:

I have played it to death it seems.......:(:D

H.