The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xbox died!! Looks like I'm back on here then..!!

Havard

Gutted.....:(

Got a single red light and an E 74 code on the screen. 10 months old and fooked.....:blink:

Anyone else had this?? I now have to scan and e-mail a copy of my purchase receipt to Microsoft as they reckon the warranty ran out last month!

Bought it in May 08 though.

H.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so even the new machine are playing up!!!

They so need too sort it out.

I went through 3 of em then decided to get a ps3

I guess Mike will be along in a minute to remind you of the error of your ways :innocent:

I have neither as yet (a PS2 actually) and I keep hearing about people going through quite a few Xboxes. Fook that- even for a game of soldiers.

PS3 surely?

Anyway bad luck Paul :(

tell me again why XBOX is better than PS3?

coz im just not seeing it

It's not.

Here's a sweeping generalisation for you:

XBOX = chav

PS3 = everyone else.

Interestingly, the PS3 game Kill Zone 2 is the biggest processor-loading game on sale today and uses significantly less than 50% of the PS3 total capacity.

I've played the XBOX a lot and the PS3 is simply a different level in so many ways.

Tried it again and it's definitely FUBAR...:(:rolleyes:

If the console is stood vertically then the light in the bottom right hand side quadrant comes on and the code E 74 shows on the screen..!!

Has anyone had the same light code? I know a lot of people have had the 3 lights but I have never heard of just one??

H.

Mine went recently with just one red light. I wrapped it in a towel and turned it back on to get the extra lights and the extended warranty ;).

What is the difference between one and three lights?

*Please no one post up "two lights"....:D:rolleyes:

H.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941377

Done a bit of searching and the consencus is its overheating. Where is it located?

Every thread that mentions 360 or PS3 degenerates into a battle about whats best :rolleyes:

The 360 is best for online gaming and has the best range of 'killer' games.

The PS3 is the most powerful, reliable (so far) has blu ray and looks most like a Breville toaster.

Im not biased as I own both.

Those are the facts as I see 'em :p

I've been fairly impressed TBH... sure it's no Iphone :taped:

Oh dear. You must try harder although it will only be a matter of time before we can hardly remember ever using 'killer apps' or 'apps' in relation to anything other than the iphone.

Oh dear. You must try harder although it will only be a matter of time before we can hardly remember ever using 'killer apps' or 'apps' in relation to anything other than the iphone.

I promise to reform sir. I'll keep you updated as I explore the many errors of my ways.

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

--==Console Reset Codes==--

Clear All Installed Game Updates and Console Cache

Go to the "system" blade

Select "memory"

Press Y on the HD symbol

Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X

A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

Select Yes

Clear Any Failed system updates that cause the console to error.

With the console off, press and hold the sync up button (the small white one)

While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console

Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.

During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm