The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Classic Sweets

jk136

Me and a friend at work got on to discussing old sweets we used to get when we were young.

Personal favourites were lager bottles, cherries and flying saucers.

We both were talking about a particular sweet box where you had 2 types of coloured 'granules' in two seperate halfs of the box.

It was pretty small, but you could choose which ones to eat first.

The packaging is something like the drawing below.... (poor I know)

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3449/81792449.th.jpg

Can anyone name that sweet....I though it had 'double' in the title or something....

Its really annoying us as we cant remember!! :twak:

Oh and if your like me, check out these links:

http://www.villagesweetshop.com

and

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk

I remember the sweets you're on about - they were like mis-shapen blobs of candy. Can't remember the name though.

There were also bone-shaped sweets that came in a plastic coffin that you could put together and make a skeleton, I think you got a reflective badge as well. I liked them.

I also liked the Germoline flavoured spuggy, but quite why it was that flavour I've no Idea. You used to get little transfers of smiley faces in the wrapper. I've actually got a little box with a load of them and the 'pirate tattoos' that came with other spuggy. I found it last time I moved house, lol.

Rice paper and kali were always good, too.

[edit] Yep, it was Nerdz I was thinking of.

There were also bone-shaped sweets that came in a plastic coffin that you could put together and make a skeleton, I think you got a reflective badge as well. I liked them.

That's so random! I remember those... :D I wonder if they still make them!? :search:

Do you remember Garage Pail Kids? gruesome stickers (no doubt 'banned' as some point) with chewing gum... :D

Do you remember Garage Pail Kids? gruesome stickers (no doubt 'banned' as some point) with chewing gum... :D

Yeah I think I had almost a complete set of the first series stickers (long since lost).

On the same vein, I've still got an almost complete set of Disney's 'Black Hole' bubble gum cards.

That's just reminded me of another one - I think it was another spuggy-related thing, but there was a Pac-Man thing you could get that had stickers and a Pac-Man game that was the maze on a scratch card. My bedroom door was covered in those stickers.

I'm going to have to have a search to see if I can find more info on them.

I used to love the Wham bars when I was a kid, then about 3 years ago they reappeared!!!

I also use to love those burgers that where made up of various sweets. You'd get the buns, the burger, lettuce etc. If I recall they where stupidly expensive though and out of the budget of a youngster like myself with a pound to spend.

Also what about those sweets that looked exactly like smokes, the packaging the sweet etc it was chocolate wrapped in sugar paper I think, guess they where banned long ago!

Yes! I can't remember for the life of me how these were sold? with random chewy as everything else was?

How bloody old are we!? :p

Follow the link I added - it explains all, and has pics of the stickers.

How about 'Hit Pops'? Miniature shaped bubble gum records that came in an album sleeve. I remember being chuffed when I got the Judas Priest 'British Steel' one as the rest were all pop rubbish, lol.

And, yes, we're all old, lol. The 70's were a great time to be a kid.