The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nostalgia:- First book you remember reading

Charlotte

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember the really early stuff, but at eight or nine I read Stig of the Dump

Stig! Was he real, or not...?

From 10 onwards I was into Just William (Richmal Crompton), My family and other animals (Gerald Durrell) and absolutely loads more. I used to, for my sins, like to read Sweet Valley Twins books but I'd finish them in an afternoon and my dad refused to buy me anymore unless I read a Dickens at the same time. I was obviously disgruntled at the time but learned to love the classics.

Kidding of course. :) An older brain is far more attractive than a younger one.

And preferably in its own water filled jar too, I suppose? Some people are just so fussy. ;)

My dad handed me Lord of the rings when I was about 10 and told me to crack on. I got to page 252 and thats all Ive ever read of that god forsaken tome.

Only up to page 252? You were just short of when the story really gets going! :)

We regularly listen to the Just William audio books when on long journeys.

I think this probably shaped your personality more than the teacher/LOTR episode.

Did you long to get out of that moving car? Did it make you feel angry? :D

I think this probably shaped your personality more than the teacher/LOTR episode.

Did you long to get out of that moving car? Did it make you feel angry? :D

No. Was only the other week too. We like this sort of stuff. Being boring is the new rock n' roll.

Stig! Was he real, or not...?

From 10 onwards I was into Just William (Richmal Crompton), My family and other animals (Gerald Durrell) and absolutely loads more. I used to, for my sins, like to read Sweet Valley Twins books but I'd finish them in an afternoon and my dad refused to buy me anymore unless I read a Dickens at the same time. I was obviously disgruntled at the time but learned to love the classics.

I had forgotten about the sweet valley books, i was a sucker for those and nancy drew lol... oh dear!

It's why they invented Radio 4 :D

Actually that's not fair... I love you Radio 4! if you're listening watching :thumbs:

We have Radio 4 on at home most evenings and weekends. Some off the best comedy around. Just A Minute was good tonight.