The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby girl dies from mothers kiss...how sad

TRACIE_LOU

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great story, great headline.. poor kid :(

I wonder how much money the papers made out of this?

No disrespect to those that have posted, but I suspect less poetic, and more tragic things have happened today.

Sorry to sound so cynical.

More tragic than losing a baby? thats one of the most tragic things i could think off and i'm sure lots would agree!

only really not inform (to not write stupid) peoples don't relaise how dangerous is that!!! sorry about that baby but it was stupid woman foult and now she pay for being idiot!!! same as alot person don't know about cat virus...

sorry about baby ..but mother pay for what she done ! ! ! ! ... :) good lesson !!!!

More tragic than losing a baby? thats one of the most tragic things i could think off and i'm sure lots would agree!

Sorry... I was obviously having a moment there :blush:

I meant the only reason we heard about this was because of the headline 'dies from a mothers kiss'...

I'm with you 100%, it's horrible and the worst thing that could happen to a parent, and I'm not disagreeing with you - but I can't help but feel we would not have been told about this tragedy if it had it not been for the opportunity to write such a gripping headline... which is my view is kind of wrong? Taking it to the extreme it's selling newspaper and making money from one random infant death that would otherwise gone unnoticed.

OK, it's awareness story too I guess...?

I'll shut now... bad subject.. I'll move on.. hope no offensive was taken :)

only really not inform (to not write stupid) peoples don't relaise how dangerous is that!!! sorry about that baby but it was stupid woman foult and now she pay for being idiot!!! same as alot person don't know about cat virus...

sorry about baby ..but mother pay for what she done ! ! ! ! ... :) good lesson !!!!

That is utter rubbish!!! IT WAS NOT THE MOTHERS FAULT! she didn't even realise she had contracted the virus and asshe had no visible coldsore on her lip then you just don't know!!

If you have a coldsore it is damn obvious you are not purposly going to kiss your child.. but i tell you its damn hard not to sometimes... if you have children especially a baby its the most natural thing in the world to automatically kiss them often and to stop that isnt easy!...But that wasnt the case in this situation as you would realise if you read/watched the article and news.. :(

Sorry... I was obviously having a moment there :blush:

I meant the only reason we heard about this was because of the headline 'dies from a mothers kiss'...

I'm with you 100%, it's horrible and the worst thing that could happen to a parent, and I'm not disagreeing with you - but I can't help but feel we would not have been told about this tragedy if it had it not been for the opportunity to write such a gripping headline... which is my view is kind of wrong? Taking it to the extreme it's selling newspaper and making money from one random infant death that would otherwise gone unnoticed.

OK, it's awareness story too I guess...?

I'll shut now... bad subject.. I'll move on.. hope no offensive was taken :)

Thanks for that mike!!:D

I think it is awareness! and good job too, there are plenty of people that suffer with coldsores and know how contagious they are but too actually kill is something alot dont realise. obviously a newborns immunity is low,

I think the point was, she had only just contracted the virus but didnt actually have a coldsore, just ulcer and not realising it was conected, plus poss breast feeding, peeps just aren't aware.

Thanks for that mike!!:D

I think it is awareness! and good job too, there are plenty of people that suffer with coldsores and know how contagious they are but too actually kill is something alot dont realise. obviously a newborns immunity is low,

I think the point was, she had only just contracted the virus but didnt actually have a coldsore, just ulcer and not realising it was conected, plus poss breast feeding, peeps just aren't aware.

That's the point I was trying to get across yesterday! There is virtually no indication to a woman that she may have contracted genital HSV as the only noticeable signs occur inside and cannot be felt. A family friend (bloke) has it, and the only way he knew was from going to a clinic, having never displayed symptoms at all.

I do feel sorry for the woman, and it'll probably hang over her forever, but I don't think it's her fault at all...

That's the point I was trying to get across yesterday! There is virtually no indication to a woman that she may have contracted genital HSV as the only noticeable signs occur inside and cannot be felt. A family friend (bloke) has it, and the only way he knew was from going to a clinic, having never displayed symptoms at all.

I do feel sorry for the woman, and it'll probably hang over her forever, but I don't think it's her fault at all...

ey

yes i thought that was what you was trying to say and felt your anger too lol... :Donly thing was this lady wasn't genital tho, alot of people can suffer coldsores but never get them down there!. I'm not sure if the herpes simplex that she had is the same as the genital herpes, have to go look into that so i dont get wrong. even tho im sure if you had a coldsore and wasnt extra careful it could happen as it must be similar??

Basically there's 2 strains of HSV, one of them results in the STD we all know about, and the other gives us the oral version, The genital condition can be transferred to the mouth but I'm not sure about the other way around...if you wikipedia it I think it tells you all the other illnesses herpes can give you that potentially are killers :(

Basically there's 2 strains of HSV, one of them results in the STD we all know about, and the other gives us the oral version, The genital condition can be transferred to the mouth but I'm not sure about the other way around...if you wikipedia it I think it tells you all the other illnesses herpes can give you that potentially are killers :(

Yes i thought that was the case, i'm pretty sure if you had the oral version it prob could be transfered, and vise versa but only if you have the sores present at the time, otherwise it just lays dormant, its only contagious when either sores are present... didnt know there was other illness related have to go searching now lol..

You are what my father would have called a gowk.

Not the most sensitive of souls, are you.

That is utter rubbish!!! IT WAS NOT THE MOTHERS FAULT! she didn't even realise she had contracted the virus and asshe had no visible coldsore on her lip then you just don't know!!

If you have a coldsore it is damn obvious you are not purposly going to kiss your child.. but i tell you its damn hard not to sometimes... if you have children especially a baby its the most natural thing in the world to automatically kiss them often and to stop that isnt easy!...But that wasnt the case in this situation as you would realise if you read/watched the article and news.. :(

There is more bacteries and viruses on human skin than humans living on earth! Baby its totally defenceless and only One person "mother" what could protect them let them down...

same mother what also forget how delicate and sensitive child is! Give life but her "kiss of Love" take it back!!!

"she didn't even realise she had contracted the virus" In that case, What you don't know W I L L hurt You! :)

There is more bacteries and viruses on human skin than humans living on earth! Baby its totally defenceless and only One person "mother" what could protect them let them down...

same mother what also forget how delicate and sensitive child is! Give life but her "kiss of Love" take it back!!!

"she didn't even realise she had contracted the virus" In that case, What you don't know W I L L hurt You! :)

I guess a full biosuit is the only way.....

I'm assuming and forgive me if i am wrong but you are young and don't have children!!? to have such a harsh and judgemental view!.. in which case extremely pointless in replying anymore!!

I'm assuming and forgive me if i am wrong but you are young and don't have children!!? to have such a harsh and judgemental view!.. in which case extremely pointless in replying anymore!!

Because my opinion its totally opposite to Yours and prob 99% of woman-mother, its not mean that i'm wrong or not "qualify" to have my own judgment or different point of view!

..i don't forgive :)

Because my opinion its totally opposite to Yours and prob 99% of woman-mother, its not mean that i'm wrong or not "qualify" to have my own judgment or different point of view!

..i don't forgive :)

Oh i agree everyone is entitled to their opinions! i guess i will settle with mine as i can't even entertain how you can justify your reasonings!!....

But i wonder what would hapen if everyone thought along those lines. babies get all sorts of illnesses and infections ( colds, flu, chicken pox, mumps) the list is endless. if something tragic happened to one of these children would it be the mothers fault for taking them out of their house too???

I don't think you would appreciate being blamed for something that is just one of those very sad and tragic accident.

:conf:

Is that whole sentance a typo?

Coroner Dr James Adeley recorded a narrative verdict, and said nobody was blamed for failing to spot the virus.

Miss Schofield has since been campaigning to raise awareness of the condition, which kills an estimated six babies a year in the UK.

She has written to the prime minister asking for more literature to be put in clinics about the illness.

She added: "I have been left totally devastated and heartbroken by the death of Jennifer. The pain has not lessened.

"More needs to be done as this can happen to anyone without them knowing about it."

Does that sound like she deserved to 'pay for being idiot?'

such is life... or its just me :)

I think I know the answer to this one!!

It's a very dangerous game to judge the woman involved in this incident. Unless you are fluent in medicine and all the possibilities of the death of a baby, I wouldn't offer an opinion.....;) I saw the news report on this and the woman was trying desperately to get the message accross to other people about what happened to her, she was absolutely destraught too.....:(

I doubt people would go through all the hassle and worry of having a child to just neglectfully infect it. Might just be the case that she was unaware of what can happen.......as I was..(being a father of three) It's the luck of the draw unfortunately....:blink:

H.

CALM DOWN!

easy way (hopefully) to make you understand ! :

I cause the man death...accually not me but my gun ! but it wasn't my gun foult because its the way it works! to kill or hurts(if lucky)..

-i didn't know ,thought was Plastic toy gun :)

mother cause baby death..she accually didn't kill the baby but virus she got!

sometimes could be dangerous sometimes not (if lucky)..

I cause death-my foult not gun!

mother cause death-virus works as been "construated" to kill in that case!

i'm not spoose to be blame for kill the man but gun.. i'm totally Innocent , my gun is guilty!?.. -i don't think so!

i pull the trigger..

mother kiss the baby..

-IF SOME OF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT ..FORGET IT !

one more thing!

YEEEE suuuuure Of course nobody is blame to not spot the virus bla bla bla...especially "DOCTORS" what we pay them to spot also that! its not such thing not "spoted " THAT virus being qualify doctor ,especially in thoes times when they got proffesional equipment we bouhgt them!!