The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK TT 6spd Supra

Dan_Turism0

Hi Guys looking to pop my supra cherry :)

I'm looking for a ukspec 6spd twin-turbo in as close to stock mods as possible, no more than BPU preferably (due to insurance reasons) I will consider Jspec versions for the right price but need to be along the same guidlines as above

No preference on colour

Also if anyone was interested I have a 2000 (cheap tax) Lexus IS200 with very low mileage for year and some subtle mods to it in mint condition.

Best

Dan :D

For the amount that a UK TT6 will cost you I would go for a J-spec TT6. UK TT6 Supra's are regarded as the holy grail of Surpas and will set you back a fair bit.

The chepest UK TT6 I have seen recently, and it required a tidy up was £8.5k. You can get a good condition J-Spec TT6 for around £6k. So unless your insurance is thousands of £££ difference I would consider a J-Spec.

thanks for that mark insurance is around £300 more for the import so i'll have a look, main reason I was looking toward the ukspec is for turbo+brake reasons as I hear they are slightly better.

Will keep my eyes open for some Jspec's floating around then :)

Ok look for a J-Spec with Hybrids, UK injectors and UK Brakes. :D

If you are wanting a stock (ish) car then the stock twins on a J-Spec will do you fine, not really much gain tbh having UK spec tubbies unless you are going to upping the power to top end BPU levels.

If you can find a nice clean uk manual for import money then go for it but adding to jm's post say you found a decent enough jspec for 2k less than the equivilant uk, the brake upgrade & bpu would be in reach with the 2k I would think :) and you can buy jspecs with factory uk brakes (facelift rz's)

the turbo's on the uk's will allow you to run .1 bar more safely iirc, so in my view it's not really worth paying out another 2k for what might be the beggings of a rusty underneath,higher mileage (but more likely genuine) car for an extra 10-20bhp even though the supporting mods from factory are better (fuel pump/injectors) but these are an easy upgrade :)

ok well i'll give you guys a headsup with what i'm looking at doing

-initially BPU upgrades with the view to touching 400 (if this is possible)

-blitz nurspec R exhaust

-coilovers

-Doluck front/skirts

-Trial rear

-TRD rear wing with carbon centre

-18" rota Torque wheels

my long term goal is to have the car subtle(ish) and then run between 450-550 at a later stage :)

My car will be for sale soon (a month or so i guess) in almost stock trim. Not sure on price yet though. Its not going up for sale properly untill im in a position to sell.

Its not a 6 speed though. Dont be put off by the auto box. its very good. Any anyone who tells you your an old man doesnt know what they are talking about. I remember a few months after i got mine i was taking with an evo owner with a car running about 400bhp, the same as mine and he pulled me up on it being a girly auto. The conversation moved on to how after an hours driving his clutch leg hurt... And on the weekly trip to Tesco he was no faster than i was :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.