The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R35 Spec-V, How much for a set of brake pads !?!?!?

Nick

Mate of mine took the R35 Spec-V out for a spin up in Hakone for a photo shoot the other day.

I thought the price of the car was madness until I found out the cost of a new set of a new pads for those lovely carbon-ceramic brakes.:D

2,000,000 Yen.:blink:

At todays exchange rate, that's 14.3k :faint:

I wonder if that includes labour?

A few of his pics here:

Blog

surely that can't be right? every time you brake you lose like £200? :D

He says it's not a typo, and he's not kidding but I've asked a mate to check with the Nissan Performance Centre in Tokyo. They'll be the main service centre for these I expect.

Aren't disks & pads usually changed together on carbonceramic setups?

Some Mines pads here for a grand http://shop.edoperformance.co.uk/mines-front-pagid-race-brake-pads-nissan-skyline-p-11666.html

I like the bit about "or only £89 a month" :D, paying monthly for brake pads :rlol:

That sounds more logical, but how often would you be changing them?!

Aren't disks & pads usually changed together on carbonceramic setups?

Some Mines pads here for a grand http://shop.edoperformance.co.uk/mines-front-pagid-race-brake-pads-nissan-skyline-p-11666.html

I like the bit about "or only £89 a month" :D, paying monthly for brake pads :rlol:

Change pads and discs together? No idea, but that does make the price a little more believable although still bonkers for a road car.

My GT-R was built by Mine's and whilst they're expensive I don't regret a single penny. It's a fantastic car, totally reliable and goes like stink. However, I laughed in disbelief when I saw the prices for most of the R35 stuff. I wouldn't buy it.

I know the brake discs on the new ZR-1 are about £25k if you want to buy a set. The fronts are the same as those on the FXX and the rears are apparently used on the stock Enzo.

Apparently you probably won't need to replace them if you only drive on the road. Repeated hard use on the track however, is a different matter.

Nick I tried the link in your sig but it isn't working :(

How much longer do you expect stay in Japan now? :)

Should be working tomorrow, exceeded this months bandwidth. I topped it up but it only lasted 4hrs !

Details here, with pics on page 3

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/111804-mines-stage-2-bnr34-v-spec-ii.html

I'll be here another couple of years at least, having too much fun to leave :)

News just in, discs and pads 34K.:blink:

Should be working tomorrow, exceeded this months bandwidth. I topped it up but it only lasted 4hrs !

Details here, with pics on page 3

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/111804-mines-stage-2-bnr34-v-spec-ii.html

I'll be here another couple of years at least, having too much fun to leave :)

News just in, discs and pads 34K.:blink:

£34k fook me :), I've only spent £200 servicing my 911 Turbo in the last 20 months :D