The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1JZ Vs 2JZ for RX7 Track Car

Peter P

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Precision GT4067r is going to be most peoples weapon of choice, dont let the numbers fool ya

GT4088R - tts a GT40 turbine wheel which is 77mm and 73 trim , 88 means that the EXDUCER is 88mm 54 trim and Inducer is 64.7mm and the compressor housing is .72 A/R

GT4067R - bit of a sting this one..still the same on the GT40 portion, the turbine wheel again 77mm and 73 trim. Here is the Sting... the 67 means this turbo has a 67mm Inducer and 84.07mm Exducer

You move with a smaller A/R on the hotside to improve spool time on the 1jz, but the turbo still has the legs of the 88R at the top end becuase of the frankenstein trim :)

The Precision GT4067r is going to be most peoples weapon of choice, dont let the numbers fool ya

GT4088R - tts a GT40 turbine wheel which is 77mm and 73 trim , 88 means that the EXDUCER is 88mm 54 trim and Inducer is 64.7mm and the compressor housing is .72 A/R

GT4067R - bit of a sting this one..still the same on the GT40 portion, the turbine wheel again 77mm and 73 trim. Here is the Sting... the 67 means this turbo has a 67mm Inducer and 84.07mm Exducer

You move with a smaller A/R on the hotside to improve spool time on the 1jz, but the turbo still has the legs of the 88R at the top end becuase of the frankenstein trim :)

What he said!!! :p:p;):innocent:

Sounds awesome! :cool:

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Well you have your cheap and cheerful ebay manifolds (Greddy copies), Theres also a few known as the zoonwen/Drewgo manifold which look like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/zoonwen/DSC00039.jpg

which are china knockoffs BUT very very highly rated in the 1jz world..

then you can have quality long runner manifolds for thew likes of MTR

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-63817110493093_2040_46173336

And you can have one designed around your turbo choice and wastegate setup for £200 ..think i posted details in another thread.

hi what gearbox you gonna use the r154? do ya know the proper code for the 154 box ive found a box for my conversion but not sure if its the right one the code on it is WXJZ 1 its a manual 5speed cheers bud

Hi,

Yes I will be going with the R154 5 speed gearbox but not sure on the code i'm afraid!

Think there is a post on the 2jzswap.com forum that shows some identifying factors to determine if you have the correct box?

Try this: http://www.2jzswap.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2427

All the best with it mate! :thumbs:

Pete :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question I did post under the wanted section but have had no joy with so far! :search:

I've just sourced an engine stand for my 1JZ but need to know what size/type bolts to get to attach the two together??

Someone told me it's gearbox bolts but are these the same for the 2JZ or something different??

Need to get the engine collected asap so all help gratefully received! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Pete :)

• 1 year later...