The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exercise suggestions please!

Supragal

I ran 6k last night (on 2% gradient! I'm not slacking) and my plan was to do this every night this week..... and now I have man flu :(

Just be thankful you can't be afflicted with this terrible illness... what exercise can I do?! sit on my arse and watch tele is quite literally the only course of action.

You should count yourself lucky... you're foot will get better, I might not be so lucky :(

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh Mike, I'm sorry to hear that buddy.

If there is anything I can do let me know.

Have you tried a lemsip?

There's something else you need to take with it,.. but I cant remember what it was?

err,.. rank, spank, tank, plank,...naaa... I give up. Can't remember :(

spank the plank tank? tried that... didn't work :(

Ahh that would be the problem. I only swim (swam!) crawl. What else is there? Butterfly - noooooo hated doing that! Backstroke, meh.

I usually swim breaststroke - means you don't have to dunk your head, so no great trouble with glasses or contact lenses.

I ran 6k last night (on 2% gradient! I'm not slacking) and my plan was to do this every night this week..... and now I have man flu :(

Just be thankful you can't be afflicted with this terrible illness... what exercise can I do?! sit on my arse and watch tele is quite literally the only course of action.

You should count yourself lucky... you're foot will get better, I might not be so lucky :(

Oh God this is terrible news. I hope you get through it fella.

Can anyone here do 100 push-ups? What's everyone's max? Mine is 55, but I'm planning to get to 100 soon!

Never tried to find my max amount of sit-ups...

At my martial arts class we sometimes do lots of sit-ups. I find you can do loads in one session, but you'll hardly be able to move the next day!

Do you usually do a lot of running? Are you training for a specific event? Sounds quite a punishing schedule.

Not really... it just helps unwind after work really.. listen to tunes and clear my mind a bit.. and keep the old gut at bay! :D

I bet there are people on here that do a lot more.. 6k isn't that crazy!?

Over the space of 100 days, yes!

:p

At my martial arts class we sometimes do lots of sit-ups. I find you can do loads in one session, but you'll hardly be able to move the next day!

Yeh, we used to do lots too... never counted though! :D

Did a fair few push-ups, but never a LOT in one go...

Can anyone here do 100 push-ups? What's everyone's max? Mine is 55, but I'm planning to get to 100 soon!

Never tried to find my max amount of sit-ups...

Used to be able to do 80 in one go. That was more than a few years ago though, back in school. I used to break up my homework sessions with push-ups :lol:. As many as possible in one one, every night of the week, you gradually build up.

Its a good day when I manage 30 these days :(

Maybe 10 full-weight chin ups too.

I'm not sure I'll ever manage 100! Maybe I'll set that as a goal!

I ran this morning, yay!!! Well, it was a VERY slow jog to test the foot out, barely broke a sweat BUT although I was 'aware' of my foot there was no big pain and it's been ok since so fingers crossed. I'm so pleased!

I recently bought an ellipitcal cross trainer, low impact on the joints and really works you hard depending on your settings so this would be perfect for you imo :)

I bought a nordic track 650 and it's fantastic just incase you look into it :)