The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exercise suggestions please!

Supragal

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you are pretty fit anyway if you have been training regularly and following a nutritious and carb, protein, fibre balanced diet.

Given this I would say that you simply need to adopt certain exercises that will keep your muscles active to keep them assisting your body to burn fat and keep your metabolism high and ultimately avoid muscle wasteage.

I was extremely fit before I had a motorcycle accident which resulted in a severe ankle injury. I had to change my exercise plan and adopted this for a while.

Legs:

As m45sey said, you can do squats on an injured foot. The best and safest way to do this is by placing a swiss (exercise) ball on your lower back/ upper buttocks and placing your feet at hip to shoulder width apart about one-two feet in front of you so that your shins are at 90 degrees to the floor and your quads are parallel to the floor at the end position.

Core/Stomach:

I would suggest the 'plank'. This is where you are in the push up position wityh your forearms flat on the floor palms down and you contract your abs and glutes(buttocks) and hold for a minute at a time whilst breathing normally.

Sit ups

Leg raises but holding your pose on the up and the down without letting your feet touch the floor.

Arms:

Triceps - Dips: Get two sturdy chairs and place them apart enough to place your legs on on and hands on the other. Then dip your body with your arms until your upper arm is nearly parallel to the floor.

Biceps: Two large bottles of water un each arm and curl from your hips to your shoulders.

Back:

bend your knees slightly, and bend your back so that it is leaning towards the floor between 45 degrees and parallel and take the bottles of water and starting from in front of you with your arms slightly bent, bring them up to your sides just below the arm pits.

You can also do this as a fly which starts the same way just expand your arms as though they are wings till they are level with your torso.

Chest:

Push ups.

I hope this helps but in all honesty, I would seek medical advice just in case it is something more serious.

Wow thanks. I have free weights that I use so no need for the water :) I will give this a go later. :thumbs:

Oh and thanks for all the suggestions guys, apart from the lemsip ones obviously :p

I have a few broken bones in my foot at the moment stopping me from training properly..

i am pretty much doing the work out described by ilicos and its working fine.. only real difference was doing press ups with my knees on the gym ball, as the self balance helps your core as well. ps if anything hurst your foot when you do it STOP. see a doc if you haven't already.. thought i had just bruised my foot at first, and think i done it a lot more damage before i found out what i had done.

Does someone need a hug... :)

Do you know...? That would be great! I'm awfully hormonal at the moment.

..or just have one meat and potato pie for your dinner instead of two? :)

:rlol: I'm thinking of that Victoria Wood sketch about going to the shop for a slimming yoghurt..and ending up with a pork pie.

Rosie,

The simple solution is not to eat anything until your foot is better. That way you won't have to work out what exercise to take and you won't put on any weight either.

It's the simple solutions that are the best.

I am considering it!

Problem is, I miss exercise, it properly sorts you out mood wise and everything.

I have a few broken bones in my foot at the moment stopping me from training properly..

i am pretty much doing the work out described by ilicos and its working fine.. only real difference was doing press ups with my knees on the gym ball, as the self balance helps your core as well. ps if anything hurst your foot when you do it STOP. see a doc if you haven't already.. thought i had just bruised my foot at first, and think i done it a lot more damage before i found out what i had done.

I haven't been to see anyone. Work are a bit weird about taking time off for the doctors and we are so busy at the moment.

OMG pie.

I love pie. I actually can't remember the last time I ate a pie.

A little bit of what you fancy etc.

In fact, while the foot is broke.. knock yourself out... get fat for a bit..? put your feet up.. watch tele till you can't use your legs..? eat 'only' stodge and get yourself some elasticated pants ;)

It'll give you more of a challenge when you start beating the pavements when the foot is better :D

A little bit of what you fancy etc.

In fact, while the foot is broke.. knock yourself out... get fat for a bit..? put your feet up.. watch tele till you can't use your legs..? eat 'only' stodge and get yourself some elasticated pants ;)

It'll give you more of a challenge when you start beating the pavements when the foot is better :D

The idea of that scares me too much!