The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exercise suggestions please!

Supragal

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PMSL @ Ian and Ed.

I'm trying a tubigrip - it makes it hurt more, any ideas if that indicates anything?!

I wouldn't have thought it was possible to feel anything through a tubigrip, but each to their own I suppose. ;)

Oh oh, you mean for your foot? Well, they are alright but only good to keep your foot warm, really. They don't support as much as they are billed IMO.

Standing is ok, walking as in the impact part (even gentle) hurts. It's a sharp stabbing type pain and the best way I can describe the location is... left foot, if you look at the top of the foot, and then over to the left a bit where that mish mash of bones and kinda soft bit is, it's in there somewhere. It hurts rotating it too.

Bike is at my mates house in Bexhill as he is building my new wheels for me :)

A cut'n'paste from a search............might be worth having a go at seeing if you can eliminate bone damage, but i'd just book a GP appointment tbh..

Body of the Foot

Metatarsal Stress Fracture

Description:

Pain in one of the long thin bones that run along the top of your foot and attach to your toes (the metatarsals). There may be a little redness or swelling, and if you touch this area the pain will practically knock you over. Press along the shaft of the bone toward the outside and then toward the inside, and you feel a stabbing pain.

I haven't been to see anyone. Work are a bit weird about taking time off for the doctors and we are so busy at the moment.

Standing is ok, walking as in the impact part (even gentle) hurts. It's a sharp stabbing type pain and the best way I can describe the location is... left foot, if you look at the top of the foot, and then over to the left a bit where that mish mash of bones and kinda soft bit is, it's in there somewhere. It hurts rotating it too.

Bike is at my mates house in Bexhill as he is building my new wheels for me :)

Ok... I've prodded and poked and all there is is a bit of tenderness in an area about an inch round... it's far more painful to walk on then poke/move.

I will try and get some time off work for the docs but they won't like it. FAIL.

Thanks mate :)

Thats kinda what happened to me... couldn't get time off to see a doc etc.. when i did see one around 6 weeks later (ended up going to casulty, as i couldn't get time off work) thats when i found out i had broken it ... and probably made it worse in that time carrying on with it just thinking it was brusied!!!

Rosie, see some one about it.. my foot is still screwed and has been like it since october! probably would have been better by now if i had got it looked at sooner!

Rosie, the way you describe the pain sounds similar to an old injury I had - I sheared a silver of bone off the side of my little toe, half way back along my foot, by yanking on the tendon. Agony to walk on, but no obvious signs of damage.

Went to A+E, had to be x-rayed and plastered up for 6 weeks :(

Sorry i didn't go through all 6 pages so its probably been said but.... swimming?

I know you can't really do it from the house but swimming is one of the best forms of exercise you can get. No impact and you don't need to use your foot at all, if you don't want to (i can't see it hurting though).

Works every single muscle in your body, when you use your feet and legs of course lol, even the ones you don't know you have.

Sorry i didn't go through all 6 pages so its probably been said but.... swimming?

I know you can't really do it from the house but swimming is one of the best forms of exercise you can get. No impact and you don't need to use your foot at all, if you don't want to (i can't see it hurting though).

Works every single muscle in your body, when you use your feet and legs of course lol, even the ones you don't know you have.

Yep - agreed. Is your eyesight THAT bad, Rosie? These days I can't see for sh*t without my glasses or lenses, but I can still go swimming. It's a good aerobic exercise that would be a decent substitute for your running until your foot's better. (Weightlifting is good, but it isn't aerobic)

Rosie, the way you describe the pain sounds similar to an old injury I had - I sheared a silver of bone off the side of my little toe, half way back along my foot, by yanking on the tendon. Agony to walk on, but no obvious signs of damage.

Went to A+E, had to be x-rayed and plastered up for 6 weeks :(

You are about the 6th person this weekend to say this type of thing to me...

Doctors booked first thing tomorrow, see what she says.

Oh and I prodded it more and it actually hurts to press it in a different place to when I stand on it. Weird.

Ok it's not broken, I didn't think it would be but worth being sure. So I need to keep resting it, but keep it moving too so it doesn't get stiff, and take ibuprofen.

Got a gym ball but don't have a pump for it so I've been doing sets of the other exercises suggested until I can borrow a pump :thumbs:

Ummm they would wash off your face?! How on earth do you swim in sunglasses?!

Kinda get in the water and start splashing about :shrug: They won't fall off. If you're worried about that, get an elastic strap to hold them on round the back of your head. Easy.

I guess if you usually swim the crawl it might not work.

Have you got an electric tyre pump for the car? They usually come with adaptor nozzles for things like gym balls.

Kinda get in the water and start splashing about :shrug: They won't fall off. If you're worried about that, get an elastic strap to hold them on round the back of your head. Easy.

I guess if you usually swim the crawl it might not work.

Have you got an electric tyre pump for the car? They usually come with adaptor nozzles for things like gym balls.

Ahh that would be the problem. I only swim (swam!) crawl. What else is there? Butterfly - noooooo hated doing that! Backstroke, meh.

I am picturing myself with some big NHS type specs with a big rubber band holding them on my head now for some reason lol

No I don't have a tyre pump, or a pump of any sort. Am looking into borrowing one :)