The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shameless plug - but feedback and opinions appreciated!

ellis

Ellis mate. I might've have looked if you'd given me more than day to look at it. I went to bed, then went to work all day, I'm sure many other members are the same.

Mate - it worries me not! I spend all day sat in front of this ruddy screen bashing keys in the hope that pretty things will appear! And this forum seems to be on all day too!

Looked at it.

I found the image display thing difficult to use. Managed to get it to put a bar at the top and then couldn't get it back.

Video is quite nice, not sure how quick it will load on a slow connection though? Personally prefer to play videos, not have them in my face as soon as I open the page - in an open office that can be embarrassing when the music starts.

I don't like black backgrounds.

That said - your portfolio is ace!

Do you do web design?

We work with a number of traditional designers (as I like to label them) who are used to print but find the transition to web tricky. They end up using ImageReady or suchlike to export their designs and result in a horrible mass of code and images.

We operate in a role where we take your ideas, branding, colours and then apply our experience of the web, code, usability and bespoke interactive elements to make nice tight W3C compliant sites. Of interest?

Looked at it.

I found the image display thing difficult to use. Managed to get it to put a bar at the top and then couldn't get it back.

The portfolio bit? If you roll the mouse over the image the text block at the top appears, roll off and it goes away! The portfolio will 'play' automatically - scroll through all the images - without any interaction if needed.

Appreciate the comments - ta!

Do you do web design?

We work with a number of traditional designers (as I like to label them) who are used to print but find the transition to web tricky. They end up using ImageReady or suchlike to export their designs and result in a horrible mass of code and images.

We operate in a role where we take your ideas, branding, colours and then apply our experience of the web, code, usability and bespoke interactive elements to make nice tight W3C compliant sites. Of interest?

Not personally - its a different ball game to design for print - but I have a guy who sits 3 feet away who does all of the web/CD stuff - complete code-head who can design as well

http://www.stbbrackets.com/

One of his.

I actually really like the site. I didn't find it hard to navigate but I'm one of those sort of people anyway!

If I could improve one thing it would be that the initial smoke effect is fullscreen rather than appearing constrained.

Other than that I really like and the work it highlights too.

If I could improve one thing it would be that the initial smoke effect is fullscreen rather than appearing constrained.

I wanted that but was semi-constrained by file size, download speeds and quality - bit of a compromise the end result but it may well change over the next few weeks.