The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 MKIV Fantasy league!

caseys

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem is that if they race with the diffuser and then get points reversed later, thats just wrong. Make a decision now and stick to it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7965056.stm

YAY! Common sense has prevailed. For now. Appeal on 5th of April.

I'm a bit miffed that not only is the BBC Coverage not in HD but all the practice sessions are online, radio coverage or interactive. Anyone know if they'll go on the iPlayer?

Is it me or is there then no way to record this on freeview/Sky+ etc? :(

Why don't they just use BBC3/4 for this if they don't want to interrupt any other programming?

Guest Budz86

Out of interest, if the diffusers in question are found to be legal, what are the other teams going to do since there is to be no normal testing during this season?

Is it the sort of thing you can design in a wind tunnel or does it need track testing?

Out of interest, if the diffusers in question are found to be legal, what are the other teams going to do since there is to be no normal testing during this season?

Is it the sort of thing you can design in a wind tunnel or does it need track testing?

Someone on here works for Force India F1 I believe. He may be able to answer.

I speculate they've either looked at the design already, vica versa to Toyota (who had a more 'compliant' rear diffuser ready). So some may already have designs on the drawing board.

Red Bull racing can't fit a diffuser like it due to their Pull-Rod suspension setup! So they'd have to entirely redesign the whole rear end.

I guess either CFD testing, wind-tunnel testing and computer models will be more heavily relied on this year. I doubt they're just going to fabricate and then put them on in a 'suck-it-and-see' approach.

Guest Budz86

I agree they must have looked into it and done some sort of testing, but as you say computer models and wind tunnels will probably be the way forward this season. Not sure what will happen to Red Bull TBH, this could potentially scupper their new rear suspension setup and I think trying to re-design the whole arse end is going to prove very challenging and costly for them. Not sure if they will even bother!

This choice, along with GrahamC's I have as favourites now. I think it's turned out to be shrewd to wait.

I think those of us that have chosen McLaren/Renault are slightly up the creek. Still, it's only a game :)

Its only a game :search: no one told me that! :eyebrows:

Is it me or is there then no way to record this on freeview/Sky+ etc? :(

Some say that the bbc's red button is actually on channels 301 and 302 if you've got freeview. But I've just had a look and there's nothing listed for the early hours on Friday, this might change.

I flicked through the channels and 105 is shown as being the bbc red button but again there's no programmes shown on the schedule.

It was on channel 302 freeview, no need to press the red button.

I don't have freeview, so can't switch to that. On sky you have to use the red button.

And you can't record! :(

I'm quite knackered, but it was a good session to see wasn't it?

You don't get any points for the practice sessions. :)

Nor is it too huge an indicator of what's going to happen in a few hours times. Fuel loads aren't indicative and also I bet most of this was shakedown testing.

Hamilton was playing about with ride height to try and improve downforce and on the radio he was saying his car was bottoming out under breaking.

No points for qualifying btw.

Getting close indeed. I will take any PMs or posts which are submitted up to 06:00 tomorrow morning.

I assume everyone knows that if you've got a PC you can load the Formula1.com website and it has a window showing all times for every sector for every driver? It's literally the feed that the pitwall and commentators get.

http://www.formula1.com/services/live_timing/registration.html

(You have to register) It's good though, as sometimes you'll find out someone's crashed before the commentators notice :D