The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 MKIV Fantasy league!

caseys

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to regret my choices already but it's only a bit of fun :)

I think GrahamC has the best choice so far after pre-season testing results. I think Brawn, RBR, TR and Ferrari are going to be the ones to watch. The dark ponies I think could be BMW or Williams at an outside chance.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=45278

Points system has been declared for the 2009 regulations. Now the person with the most 1st places at the end of the year will win the championship regardless of points. All positions below 1st will be based on the standard points system.

Bit of a last minute decision! This will not change the fantasy league rules though.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=45278

Points system has been declared for the 2009 regulations. Now the person with the most 1st places at the end of the year will win the championship regardless of points. All positions below 1st will be based on the standard points system.

Bit of a last minute decision! This will not change the fantasy league rules though.

ATM I'm not in favour of this new system, but I'll give it a chance and see how it pans out.

Two days until qualifying!

Is anyone just waiting until they see qualifying form on Saturday or something? Or the row about Brawn/Toyota/Williams rear aero?

C'mon guys and gals, I thought we were a bunch of motorsport enthusiasts here!

Interesting design on the Red Bull car - no push-rod suspension. It's pull-rod!

Looking for at least 4 more entries!

Apparently Brawns team is sitting pretty right now... rear diffuser.......

Apparently there's going to be a protest lodged against the Brawn, Toyota and Williams rear diffuser.

BMW Sauber, Ferrari, Red Bull and Renault will be making the protest.

Apparently Brawns team is sitting pretty right now... rear diffuser.......

It's got FIA approval currently (Max Mosely)

But then again remember the McLaren F1 rear brake/front brake pedal split? It wasn't exactly illegal but there was a fuss about it.

I do think it's quite a few teams throwing their toys out the pram regarding this. They saw the rear diffuser of the teams back in pre-season testing sessions. No complaints were raised then were they?

Jeez what's the point of technical regs and an adjudicator clearing a design if everyone's going to b**** about it?

Apparently there's going to be a protest lodged against the Brawn, Toyota and Williams rear diffuser.

BMW Sauber, Ferrari, Red Bull and Renault will be making the protest.

There is already an appeal lodged. The race is going ahead under appeal. Think of what a mockery this fantastic tentative season will be if Button wins it, Brawn/Williams/Toyota steam ahead and then get all their points rescinded?

Personally I'd love to see Williams back at the front. Head and Williams are true racers to the core. They come up with an innovative design that the FIA will approve (before people complain)? Then good for them.

Oh and BMW's complaint has been thrown out under a technicality.

There is already an appeal lodged. The race is going ahead under appeal. Think of what a mockery this fantastic tentative season will be if Button wins it, Brawn/Williams/Toyota steam ahead and then get all their points rescinded?

Personally I'd love to see Williams back at the front. Head and Williams are true racers to the core. They come up with an innovative design that the FIA will approve (before people complain)? Then good for them.

Oh and BMW's complaint has been thrown out under a technicality.

The only problem is that if they race with the diffuser and then get points reversed later, thats just wrong. Make a decision now and stick to it!

There is already an appeal lodged.

Yes, I got that wrong. :)

I'm looking forward to the practice on Friday, with there being no normal testing allowed during the season they'll be testing what they can on a Friday and Saturday which will should give us an idea of their true pace.

It will be nice to see Williams do well again but it's a pity they haven't got a British driver. I hope the Brawn car is up at the front for Button and Barrichello who is such a nice bloke.

Wondering where this was!

Massa/Kubica/Kovalainen/Trulli/Rosberg/Barrichello/Button

This choice, along with GrahamC's I have as favourites now. I think it's turned out to be shrewd to wait.

I think those of us that have chosen McLaren/Renault are slightly up the creek. Still, it's only a game :)